Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What does Apex or Mustang Ranch charge for custom chip?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What does Apex or Mustang Ranch charge for custom chip?
yipnip5.0
¯
Member # 175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yipnip5.0  Ford pictures for yipnip5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wondering how much it typically costs for the dyno tuning/chip burning package?

--------------------
the faster you go, the faster you go.

LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Be ready to spend around $500 for the chip, installation, custom tuning, and dyno time. Maybe more, maybe a little less, all depends on how long it takes to get it perfect. But it will be the best money you will ever invest in your car!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope it's a chip that is tuned by Byron Reynolds and Apex is only used for the dyno time. You might consider other options otherwise. Just my opinion.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by yipnip5.0:
Just wondering how much it typically costs for the dyno tuning/chip burning package?

What is done to your car. If its mostly stock, then save your money. The chip is $300, and dyno time is $125/hr at APEX.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would go to mustang ranch. Terry is a great guy and he only charges 100 an hour for the dyno. But if I were you I would dish out the extra 80 an hour to have byron there while you are getting the dyno done
Albert

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
quote:
Originally posted by yipnip5.0:

What is done to your car. If its mostly stock, then save your money. The chip is $300, and dyno time is $125/hr at APEX.
$125!?!
I've got an appointment in June & they said $175 an hour! Did they raise the rates, or are they doing my sideways?

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
campindog
¯
Member # 1305

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for campindog  Ford pictures for campindog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I too was quoted $175/hr + $300 for the chip. I'm not that interested in the hp gain as much as I want Byron to program my aode so I don't drive around at 1100 rpm's. Expensive, but it's that or I'm gonna sell the car.
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:
I would go to mustang ranch. Terry is a great guy and he only charges 100 an hour for the dyno. But if I were you I would dish out the extra 80 an hour to have byron there while you are getting the dyno done
Albert

Terry is a FUCKING MORON !!! The chip he burned for my car did nothing but lighten my wallet $500 and slow it down .5 sec + 7mph in the 1/4
He also didn't cure ANY of the driveability problems I wanted the chip for in the first place

I still have the chip, if you want to save some money, I will sell the chip for $250 and you can have it re-burned

Brian

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL!

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I never said terry was a great chip tunner. All of my chip has been done by byron. But terry only charges 100 an hour for his dyno time. That means you have to pay byron only 80 to be there. So it really costs 180 an hour but byron is there and he is doing the tunning
Bill/APEX Motorsports
¯
Member # 636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Ford pictures for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To clear up any confusion, it's $299.95 for a '95 and earlier chip and $309.95 for a '96+ chip. Dyno tuning with Byron on our Dynojet runs $175/hr., the same price it always has.

--------------------
Bill Kaiser
APEX Motorsports
Santa Clara
www.apexmotorsports.com
408-562-1000
bill@apexmotorsports.com

Posts: 488 | From: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com