Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » timing adj.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: timing adj.
erccobra
¯
Member # 1112

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for erccobra  Ford pictures for erccobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was thinking about getting one of those steeda timing adj..what i was wondering was how will it help me ,,,will it hurt the motor,,,will it help my 1/4 mile times,,,also is there anoyher company that makes a timing adjuster
ScuEleanor
¯
Member # 785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScuEleanor  Ford pictures for ScuEleanor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.cafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000707

This post on timing might help you out.

Posts: 77 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what I heard, a guy with a01GT gained 3 rwhp and lost 1 lb of torque. Not worth it to me.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I knocked off 2 tenths with pulleys and a TA. You have to be carfull when you set the timing, if you give it to much you will loose torque. When I dynoed, my timing was at 14 and then I bumped it to 16 I lost .5 lbs. So I have mine set to 14. I notice a big difference in torque when I go from 10 to 14 degrees of timing. Feels like a different car. If your gonna stay NA and use a speed cal for gears and your not gonna do any mods that will require a custom chip. Then I would get the TA and Pulleys at the same time.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com