Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Attn: Dan (PunkINa5.SLOW)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Attn: Dan (PunkINa5.SLOW)
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Dan,

I thought I read in one of your posts recently that a friend of yours got banned from Sears for a year because he ran a sub 10 second time. What was the deal with that? Obviously he didn't have the right safety stuff, etc., but was it a one shot deal? No warning? How's it going otherwise?

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey John,
Whats your commpression ratio?, if you dont mind me asking. Also, how much boost you running? Thanx.

JR

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Compression is 8.5:1 and I was seeing 21 lbs of boost the last time out.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey let us know when you head out to Sears, I'd like to see you tear that place up [Wink]
I'll make sure to be nowhere near the other lane.
4 second head starts are LAME!!! (lol!)
maybe 2 if I'm lucky, but still... [worship]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

I'll let you know but it may not be Sears, depends on what Dan's reply is going to be. I don't want to get banned from the track for a year and I don't want to take the car down at this point to get it up to code. I know I will need to at some point but I'm trying to get it as squared away as possible (tune wise) before I start the process of being legal for 9 second times (full cage, certified, license, etc).

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
Compression is 8.5:1 and I was seeing 21 lbs of boost the last time out.

*John*

Do u know if its safe to run 12-14lbs of boost on my motor? or do i have to run high octane? Thanx,

JR [Big Grin]

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

It will depend on a lot of things. Injector size, size of fuel system, custom dyno chip or stock EEC, conservative tune or set to "kill", intended use (strip with slicks, street fun, combination). I'm not trying ot avoid an answer but there are a lot of things to consider. In "general", if you run good gas and conservative timing you should be alright with 12-14 lbs. Biggest problem is the good gas in CA these days. Hope at least I gave you some things to consider.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
isn't a chute required beyond 135 mph traps?
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Pretty sure it's 150. Would need to put my current conservative tune on "kill" to get that fast.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

4.4 PARACHUTE

Mandatory on any car with top speed in excess of 150 mph (241.4 km/h). See General Regulations 4.8.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
Pretty sure it's 150. Would need to put my current conservative tune on "kill" to get that fast.

Come on John, you know it has a 150 in it [Wink]
WhiteGT
¯
Member # 791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteGT  Ford pictures for WhiteGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey john, the reason his friend was kicked out for a year, was because it was the first night there, and they announced, NO CARS UNDER 10.0. They were very clear about this, and they didn't want any cars that fast the first night because of the turnoff road situation. You now can run faster on wednesdays, they jsut didn't want 9 second cars the first night. It is all the guy's fault, he should have known not to run that fast, because everyone knew no 9 second cars. He deserves to be banned.
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Aaaah, thanks very much for clearing that up. My first impression was that he got banned just for running lower than 10.0's without the correct safety equipment but these were special circumstances. I feel better now, thanks.

John

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
White GT before you go saying Herman got what he deserved for running a 9.70 at 101 know the facts. Yes he knew his car was capable of running that fast. However his last 2 trips to sac were in the 10's due to traction at Sac being shit. Poor track prep. At Sears he was just testing for 1/8 mile. You know by the mph he was on the brakes, just not soon enough. His car his legal for going faster than 10's. Anyways after talking to Georgia Seipel the ban was lifted.
WhiteGT
¯
Member # 791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteGT  Ford pictures for WhiteGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jph331:
Anyways after talking to Georgia Seipel the ban was lifted.

good to hear things were cleared up with Georgia. I didn't know the complete circumstances.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com