Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » bbk headers

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: bbk headers
STANG'N IT
¯
Member # 1099

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANG'N IT  Ford pictures for STANG'N IT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
questtion?????????????? anybody got beef with bbk headers?

--------------------
Just pure love for the Mustang. Doesn't matter what year. Although my heart's with the old school. Gotta love the roots!

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah. They'll probably need to be ported to flow good. Crappy quality control.
Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *SlipNslide281*  Ford pictures for *SlipNslide281*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[dance] please get started. i would like to know why u don't like bbks.
Posts: 1817 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have BBK Longtubes and I like em. No problems with fit and they're a sturdy piece for the price. For optimum performance the weld material inside the tubes can be ground out and the collectors can be opened to a true 2.5" For the price I say they're pretty damn good. Mac on the other hand are TERRIBLE!!!
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya i dont have a problem with my bbk's . only probelem that i had was when i got them and i was ready to install them i lifted it up and there was a hole by the flang up by the colector so i had to go get that shit welded closed. thats the only thing that pissed me off

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bbk suck i have 1 5/8's the biggest you can get they nearly touch the ground [Embarrassed]
Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STOKED:
I don't know if I got parts from BBK when the guy who made them was hitting the bottle or what... but here it goes… and yes it long…..

First impression

I had a full size H-Pipe about 6 months ago. The guy/machine who welded the hangers on the pipe put them about a foot to high and they went right into the tranny. I had to grind them off and move them down the pipe and re-weld them. Next I get the pipe on my car and it hangs down really really low....so I put a jack under the H and the pipes hit the floor board... WTF! I then take it to my friend at the muffler shop and have him look at the part where the pipe was not bent far enough in the tube bender We put the car on a lit and a big jack under the H and heat up the pipes in the middle with a torch and lower the car to re-bend the pipe back into shape. Oh yea they give you a shity clamp for the cross-over and it leaks so I welded that shut... end of that story…

2nd impression
Got some long tubes from them... man was I in for a treat. The gaskets they give you suck, just like the bolts they give you. Well I got them on and guess what... BBK never made a tube for the air injection on the drivers side 98 models so I went threw about 6 hoses and then I finally made something out of copper toobing, (can you say leaks off and on for months and months and months....) they don't even offer anything to fix this... either you make it or you plug it.
Next I get the headers on the car, put the shorty H-pipe up to the collectors and guess what.... someone did not put the H-pipe in the tube bender long enough again!
Fixed that, next issue every time I give the car gas I hear a THUD, get under the car and look at the passenger side header and its wacking the hell out of the K-member/frame mount.... Out comes the torch again to heat and beat the header tube and melt a little bit of metal off of the mount... solved that problem... take it around the block and oh man what’s that noise... look under the car and I see the o2 boss has a leak from where someone welded the fitting too long and it just melted the pipe... back out comes the welder..... did I say ground clearance?? Haha what a joke and what about a clutch swap…. Man what did I get myself into… oh well its been fun I guess LOL….

I could go on a little more but I am sure you get the point... If I were smart I would of gone the griggs or SHM route....

To sum it up
BBK is not worth my time or effort anymore.. I am sick of them...
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

couldn't agree with you more bro

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I havent had any problems with any of the BBK's products that i have bought. I bought Equal Lenth's for my 1991 fox and they fit perfectly. i also bought a O/R X-Pipe from BBk and i do agree with the above post on how there pipes hang low but that is they only problem i had with myne. I also have a BBK CAI and havent had any problems with that yet either. All in all i like BBK its a good bang for your buck product! [Smile]

--------------------
Support our troops!

Brian's95GT
¯
Member # 1175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian's95GT  Ford pictures for Brian's95GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just installed a set of BBK 1 /58 equal length shorty headers jet coated and they work great. I also have a BBK 65mm TB and no problems there either. As for the h and x pipes, I would go with Bassani or VRS. I haven't heard any problems with those.
Posts: 10 | From: Santa Rosa, CA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
xchpstang
¯
Member # 1206

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for xchpstang  Ford pictures for xchpstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had shorties on my 90LX before and I have full lengths now. I love the fact that they line up perfectly and are worlds better than any junk from MAC. No complaints from BBK here.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com