Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » One last thing wrong with My stang!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: One last thing wrong with My stang!!!!
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Head light trouble!!!
I replaced the head light switch today.... I allready have done the gt head light fix... Evrything worked really good untill a couple of days ago it started acting up...

My head lights come on and work normal and everything but my interior dash lights will flicker on and off.....

I hear a relay under the dash some where come on and go off sounds funny...

My question is where the hell is it do i have to take anything apart to get to it????

What kind of relay is it???? Is it my headlight relay that I have heard stories about over heating exc?????

Any help is appreciated!!!!!

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IKE- it's your headlight switch- it's trying to make contact, but losing it. You'll need to cycle the switch repeatedly (ALOT!)- the company that makes the replacement switches uses a sh!tload of grease in their assemblies...and it sometimes gets in the contacts.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks I will try that!!!!!
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

I tried the switch thing I flicked it on and off a buch no change!!!!

Has anyone changed out that relay before??? I have heard stories of a relay overheting in there or something.... I believe that it may have internally shorted or something in that nature...

Now I have turned on my lights before with the key off and my fuel pump has come on WTF!!!

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

I found out my prob it was my dimmer switch!!! I went to replace it and looked at the wires on the back side and they are fried allmost all the way up to where they connect to the main wireing harness..... What a bitch!!!!!

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Ike, Drop me a line. We are going to Sac Raceway on Weds. Went last Wed, but they cancelled the race. If your car is up to it. Later

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2004 Harley Heritage Softail Classic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

Posts: 321 | From: Summerville, SC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

OK Will do

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

You going to race yours??????

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YEP, YEP!!!! Me and Mark were going to race until they cancelled. But they gave us race vouchers. I'm scheduled for a trip on Thursday. So i need to race it before then.

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by My01Stang:
YEP, YEP!!!! Me and Mark were going to race until they cancelled. But they gave us race vouchers. I'm scheduled for a trip on Thursday. So i need to race it before then.

Good luck, lemme know how you do, i would go too but i get to work this wednesday!

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Im going to pick up alluminum drive shaft tonight and im allso going to fix my wiring prob hopefully I can get that fixed so I can drive at night!!!!!!! And take care of my driveshaft shake at 100mph plus!!! Ill give you a call later !!!

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

my number here at Command Post is 424-5517

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys working today? I was thinking about a cruise through the hills today or tomorrow. Let me know.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

I'm at work. i'll be here all day. I wish I could go with you. But, some of us have to protect your freedom against the BAD guys.

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com