Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ATTN: SAWSON

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ATTN: SAWSON
MiniMEE
¯
Member # 1009

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for MiniMEE  Ford pictures for MiniMEE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got the A/C eliminator kit today and was going to buy my belt, but I looked in summit and there were two different sizes that fit. It says the size depends if I have an air pump or not, do you know if I have an air pump?

--------------------
TRY2PAZ's lil brother
homepage http://haywire.csuhayward.edu/~scarrill/quad.html

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buy the one for without the smog pump and bypass it.

All 5 point slows had smog stumps

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

MiniMEE
¯
Member # 1009

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MiniMEE  Ford pictures for MiniMEE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just wondering how much power do I gain not running the pump over running it?

--------------------
TRY2PAZ's lil brother

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since you have high flow cats on there, I'd keep the smog pump. As for the belt, hold off until you get underdrive pullies so you won't have to buy a new belt twice. Measure with a string and go to the parts store and get a 6 rib belt of that length.
MiniMEE
¯
Member # 1009

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MiniMEE  Ford pictures for MiniMEE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got the underdrive pulleys and the a/c delete kit, so I am looking for a belt. So you think I should keep my smog pump? I am about to go buy one but I dunno which to get? What are the pros and cons or running the pump?

--------------------
TRY2PAZ's lil brother

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your cats will last if you run the pump.
v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seaking of smog pumps - I have an off-road H pipe on my car, could I not just plug the hole in the h pipe that's meant for the smog pump and let the smog pump tube stay open?

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
exactly. If you don't plug the hole in the H-pipe you get a nasty (and loud) exhaust leak. The smog pump you can ever remove or just vent to the atmosphere.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MiniMEE:
I got the underdrive pulleys and the a/c delete kit, so I am looking for a belt. So you think I should keep my smog pump? I am about to go buy one but I dunno which to get? What are the pros and cons or running the pump?

You'll need the smog pump the next time you smog or when you sell the car. I'd just keep it on since its going to be more of a daily cruiser than a race car.

MiniMEE
¯
Member # 1009

I just bought the belt that fits witht the smog pump so I have to wait till my bro gets home to installed my A/C delete and pulleys. I hope the belt is the right size.

--------------------
TRY2PAZ's lil brother

v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya kno, I bet the hp effect that your air pump has on your engine is probably a lot less when the pipe is open to the atmosphere since there is probably less restriction than when it has to pump into the cats. Just a thought, I really have no idea.

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Save the reciept for the belt! I told brian to install the pullies and AC delete. Then use a string to measure what size belt you need.

For what its worth, Autozone's belts cost a few bucks less than Kragen's.

MiniMEE
¯
Member # 1009

ya I just wanted to get a belt so when we put the stuff on we can see if its too short or too long, and I do have the reciept.

--------------------
TRY2PAZ's lil brother

sic91sleeper
¯
Member # 1029

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic91sleeper  Ford pictures for sic91sleeper    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why would u take the smog pump off of a street car that u will have to get smogged eventually and that u have a high flow cat h-pipe on????? Sounds like too much work to put back on to smog to me andd a waste of money..... Not enough power inccrease to notice on the smog delete...

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com