Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HELP URGENT - Modular motor (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: HELP URGENT - Modular motor
saleen428
¯
Member # 7535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen428  Ford pictures for saleen428    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
.... just thinking out loud here... how does the engine maintain redline rpms with the throttle blades closed? It should need an appropriate amount of air to support that RPM. I could see a rev to maybe 2-3k (would be rich)....but 6k? Are you 100% sure the throttle blades are completely closed? Is air entering the intake track / manifold from another entry point?

--------------------
Fords for Life

Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen#222  Ford pictures for Saleen#222    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by saleen428:
.... just thinking out loud here... how does the engine maintain redline rpms with the throttle blades closed? It should need an appropriate amount of air to support that RPM. I could see a rev to maybe 2-3k (would be rich)....but 6k? Are you 100% sure the throttle blades are completely closed? Is air entering the intake track / manifold from another entry point?

I'm not exactly sure if it was maintaining a steady idle at that RPM. It just kept climbing slowly. I would shut it off before the engine would scatter. The only thing that I can think of is a ton of air was going thru the 4v IAC holes in the TB. I'm plugging those large holes and see how it idles after that. I'm positive that the blades were closed due to my friend watching the throttle linkage at the TB during firing.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen#222  Ford pictures for Saleen#222    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by will01bullitt:
no sorry bro got to keep it due to smog , but you can find some on ebay

Totally understandable. it was worth a shot LoL..

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT03Gt:
if you two are near by let him borrow it to confirm its his issue so he doesn't just throw parts at it, just my .02 cents

I'm in the South Bay. Good thinking though. I'm plugging up the TB IAC holes and see how it goes. Waiting on the sealer to set and give it a test before ordering a new TB.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

Grants93GT
¯
Member # 10614

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grants93GT  Ford pictures for Grants93GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep us updated im really interested. Why dont you switch to the old throttle body, change nothing but that, start it up and see what happens. If it doesnt do it on the old one but for sure the new one, somethings going on
Posts: 208 | From: Central Valley | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

quote:
Originally posted by Grants93GT:
keep us updated im really interested. Why dont you switch to the old throttle body, change nothing but that, start it up and see what happens. If it doesnt do it on the old one but for sure the new one, somethings going on

I couldn't use my old TB because is was a round 70mm TB.. My new Track Heat manifold is like the 01 Bullitt and uses a oval cobra style TB.

*************UPDATE***************

Last night I was finally able to get it to idle normally, thank god haha. It was because I was using the wrong 4v TB. The wrong TB had that open IAC hole letting air in at closed throttle/idle. For a temporary fix, I filled the hole with some strong gasket silicone until the new TB arrives this week. Not the most reliable thing to do but, I needed it to drive the car up on ramps real quick for maintenance and new parts.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com