Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » FORD tech guru's (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: FORD tech guru's
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok update...

got the codes cleared. but still making the same noise pinging under normal daily driving. two tanks of gas been through it..

what about running SEAFOAM through the vacumm tubes or through gas?

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
Ok update...

got the codes cleared. but still making the same noise pinging under normal daily driving. two tanks of gas been through it..

what about running SEAFOAM through the vacumm tubes or through gas?

did you fix the cause, or just clear the codes?

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i switched the vacumm tubes that might have been the cause of the problems. but made it sound worse, an codes came back on. so i switched it back, but sounded not so bad. an codes didnt come back. now sounds as bad as day one but no codes. should i disconnect the battery an see if the codes come back again.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I emailed you a .pdf from the workshop manual to show you what to look for. If that IMRC solenoid is sticking or that arm is busted, clearing the DTC's and using Seafoam won't fix that.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

i thought that the seafoam might clean off any gunk around the butterflies. i never did seafoam before so i might be just looking for a cover up or mis leading myself on what its used for.

i switched the two vacumms on the front of the intake where there is two smaller sensors for the two imrc easier to switch the vacumm there instaed at the diwn under the throttle body an back side..
that one control rod deal in the first pic u sent actually pulled shut. so i know the diaphram works, maybe its the sensor thats on the top/front of intake that could be causing all this i have one spare i'm going to try an change it out.

also before when i cleared the codes they always came back on. so its not that i just cleared the code an thought the problem went away. i thought when i switched the vacumms at the sensor that it might have help uncloged something an thats why it didnt come back on.

my cell number is in sig maybe u shed some light on the subject. when ever u get a chance thanx JOHN

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

also forgot to bring up that i'm have issues with part throttle driving as well. kinda of like a hicup mainly in 3,4,5 gears

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com