Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Something is WRONG! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Something is WRONG!
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hear ya bro. i can see how easy it would be to test the problem and issue with the proper tool. i just need to buy one, for instances like this....but, ill find out more on what the issue is tomorrow or friday (when ever my dad looks at it). the tow to the bay area tomorrow is the first step. it's free too...AAA rox!

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im just pissed that the 99 cobra COP has different connectors then the 01....that pisses me off!!! i could have found out the issue today!!! but no! ford had to mess that up too!...shiot! [Smile] just venting...

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

well, the car is off to the bay area as i speak...

we'll find the problem...funny thing is....yesterday after a little work on the car, the car still didnt run or idle properly.....but TODAY when i turned her on, she idled fine, and felt strong going onto the flatbed.....weird.. i dunno haha....

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

well haha atleast i have a good spirit about all this! haha

-

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

well, i just got a small update...

the car seems to be running fine (hasnt diagnosed it yet with the computer), and he did mention that #8 plug wasnt all teh way in when all this happened, and that is why there is all that black carbon gunk on the plug. we will be replacing 2 coils ($39 our cost [Smile] ), putting a new factory clutch in, and he will examine the rearend a little later for that leak.

it's just weird to me.....yesterday the idle was junk.....and now today the car is fine???? maybe the car had to recognize that new plugs and conduction grease were in place now? i have no clue...lol freakin electronics...

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:

Marek after taking a closer look....

Are you sure the plug was not on it's way out?

Look at how much carbon build-up there is traveling all the way pastthe thread of the plug.

Could it have been just unthreading some and passing all your needed compression out around the plug itself causing the boot as weel to be discolored or even slightly burnt.

Just my theory [Wink] [/QUOTE]

Glad you got it worked out!

[patriot]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

haha ya dude. im praying this is the only problem here. he will plug it into the the diag. computer today....

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

well, instead of getting the factory replacement clutch, we opted for a Ford Racing clutch kit...

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=6253

M-7060-D46 11" Clutch Kit

Kit increases clutch capacity of the 1996-98 Mustang Cobra 4.6L DOHC 4V by 10% and increases clutch disc burst speed 10% over 1999-01 Cobra. Kit contains 2003 Cobra match balanced aluminum flywheel and 11" pressure plate, 11" clutch disc and alignment dowels.

Dimensions: 16.50H x 16.50W x 6.25D
Weight: 38.00#

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com