Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » need advice on 351w setup (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: need advice on 351w setup
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by street_illegal_stang:
quote:
Originally posted by SilverLX351:
F cam and TFS heads clear just fine on my friends factory 91 shortblock...he has 1.7's also.

same here..maybe you think you tried this setup or heard a story but i have no valvtrain problems what so ever
sn93 blower maybe the cheapest avalible
but can be modified to put out over 12psi.. yes ball bearing,which is easy to rebuild.
the novi2000 pulleys are actually interchangable
with the paxton,a 10 rib yes but works
the paxton is a very very simple bolt on
and can be upgraded to the vr4 head unit
now what, the vr4 will put you in the 10 sec zone.fo sho But there are a few stock 5.0 combos
that do as well.
p600,t trim,
i know you gotta cut pistions with afr 185's
just do your homework.so you can make your dollars stay in you wallet.
the 1/8 mile in california is irwindalespeedway
:rolleyes:very nice track. you can get you best 60ft times here
i love the 1/8 mile
when racing someone equal to you its alot more challenging
its a off the line race and if you miss a pwr shift,bog out,or don't drop kick the clutch
at the right rpm when staging,you will more than likly lose..budget .4cyl t5 won't last long but gives you the i dont givva fuk confidents to start BaNGiNg gear with out letting of the gas
and 1st gear is like a 4:10 ratio.
but if got the cash go for the 351
time your done i'm sure you'11 have a torque monster.
johnb you made like a least 20 people feel "lucky" today with your valve clearance
scare.i drive my stang daily and to the track
every week if your every down in socal
look me up so i can show you whats up.
cdt what are you talking about?
the sn92 is a self contain oil blower [Big Grin]
goof balls [Roll Eyes]

you
must
love
the
enter
bar!!! [Razz] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not trying to *scare* anyone here CHIEF. You see, the buckets you cobble together and *promise* to folks they'll work...ya, I'm the one who ends up fixing them when they over-rev and that's when pistons and valves get really cozy together.
Oh, and you can show me "what's up" anytime. I know you'd be throughly embarrassed. Keep in mind, times you're quoting barely equate to a 11.90, and that's if you hook. [Roll Eyes] I was running 11.30's with 7 cyls...

If you want to race "equal" cars, try bracket racing...that's just as gay as the 1/8th mile junk.

Back to your question of tranny's...I'd go with at least a 3550, if not a TKO series. If you want to stay consistent, step up to a built auto. [patriot]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Not trying to *scare* anyone here CHIEF. You see, the buckets you cobble together and *promise* to folks they'll work...ya, I'm the one who ends up fixing them when they over-rev and that's when pistons and valves get really cozy together.
Oh, and you can show me "what's up" anytime. I know you'd be throughly embarrassed. Keep in mind, times you're quoting barely equate to a 11.90, and that's if you hook. [Roll Eyes] I was running 11.30's with 7 cyls...

If you want to race "equal" cars, try bracket racing...that's just as gay as the 1/8th mile junk.

Back to your question of tranny's...I'd go with at least a 3550, if not a TKO series. If you want to stay consistent, step up to a built auto. [patriot]

what where you doing running with only seven cyliders?
a mds 6al will solve your overrevving problem if you did'nt know.
you should talk you quote a 11.30 thats a
7.30's in the 1/8. i dont have a cage yet so if i go 7.25 i get the boot.
my friends race car goes 5.80's @128mph irwindale
and californiaspeedway fontana funfunweekend ranna 9.05 @151 but was gay 1/4mile braket racing
come on down johnboy dont be a jerk
i know someone in garden.ca that sells only 93
5.0 mustangs,cobras and xchp 5 spd cars
pricing from 5200-11,000
depending on the car..cleanest mustangs in socal lo miles.you seem to like paying hi dollar for cars and part,these are good hi end mustang
he has a few under cover chp lx's w/factory t5
rare cars,so if your ever down let me show you around.i know another fellow that can fix you engine problems too cheap if interested let me know he's asc certified.
underconstructionlx,if your looking for 450hp go
302 blower route any higher invest in a dart block and get ready to spend.
if only 450hp take that extra money
and get a jerhico tranny [worship]

[ May 31, 2005, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: street_illegal_stang ]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is no longer giving the poster useful advice. Go over to StreetRacing if you want to get into a pissing match.

BTW-

It's spelled Jerrico.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Page: 1  2   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com