Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NO F-IN TRACTION!!!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: NO F-IN TRACTION!!!!
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
everything cost me about 2500 bucks... this included maximum motorsports drag racing lower control arms with spherical bushings, torque boxes welded, full length subframe connectors, panhad bar, and heavy duty torque arm. The installation of everything was 1100 dollars which included installing the above plus, new rotor, caliper, axle, new studs, bearings. The car is sooo much fun to drive and so predictable around corners, and it hooks pretty good.

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9Roush8:
everything cost me about 2500 bucks... this included maximum motorsports drag racing lower control arms with spherical bushings, torque boxes welded, full length subframe connectors, panhad bar, and heavy duty torque arm. The installation of everything was 1100 dollars which included installing the above plus, new rotor, caliper, axle, new studs, bearings. The car is sooo much fun to drive and so predictable around corners, and it hooks pretty good.

I am so glad I do my own work. That 1100 goes a long way towards some good parts.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just FYI. When you try and put a large tire on a smaller wheel (315 on a 9" wheel for example), you won't put down 315mm of rubber. In actuality, it'd probably be smaller than if you were to run a proper sized tire because of the bulge. If you're on a 9" wheel, go with 285s max.

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The Nick:
Just FYI. When you try and put a large tire on a smaller wheel (315 on a 9" wheel for example), you won't put down 315mm of rubber. In actuality, it'd probably be smaller than if you were to run a proper sized tire because of the bulge. If you're on a 9" wheel, go with 285s max.

exactly, that is why I did not suggest going wider than 285 unless you widen the wheel. Good Call Nick.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com