Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » AOD to T5 swap (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: AOD to T5 swap
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kc I will be taking them out tomorrow. Good luck with that. What clutch are you using?

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had just put a SPEC stage II in the vert and I loved it so I am keeping that, it only has about 3000 miles on it. I really like the way the specs feel, very nice on the leg, but still very there. And none of the half way engagement crap, if you let your leg out a little bit it goes.

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats what I bought. Cool.

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
Mustangfiv0
¯
Member # 2231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustangfiv0  Ford pictures for Mustangfiv0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MR GO FAST:
quote:
Originally posted by Mustangfiv0:
Took me two weekends, dont forget the piece that goes on the firewall that holds the clutch cable in place, i forgot to get that piece and when i finally relised i needed it i buy it and now my clutch is gone [Mad]

Doesnt that come attached to the adjustable cable?
I bought the stock kinda cable, so i did not know there was even a piece that went into the firewall, i was wondering why it was so wobbly haha

--------------------
Hp cost money, How much are you willing to spend???
http://www.geocities.com/supra1on1/mycar.html

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I didn't get it down this weekend... The good news is all I have left to to install the clutch and T5! be done by monday afternoon for sure! I learned a lot and had some fun doing it, although my hands and body hurt real bad and thats the most swearing I have ever done. [burnout]

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so basically the pedal assembly isnt too bad? i was gonna have my mechanic friend do it , he quoted me 200 for the pedal swap, install the t5 and all that other crap......my original aod is out, the clutch is bolted up, but the pedals need to be done. i might try it [Confused]
91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The pedals are a bitch, but you should be able to handle it.

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ya don't get me wrong pedals are by no means fun, but not as bad as I thought. $200 to install the pedals and tranny? hell thats a good deal, if you don't mind spending the money I would go for it. But then again if you don't mind laying upside down yelling at a couple pedals for the afternoon save the $200.

--------------------

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com