Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » my combo??? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: my combo???
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Both of you have good points, the idea is not to bash eachother but help eachother. It's easy to think someone is being a know it all and smart off to them and cause a little arguement. Best bet is to just listen to advice and see what you can get out of it. You can either take it or don't take it, but don't agrue if someone is trying to help. If I were you I would talk to some more people about your combo there are some good parts to it but its the WHOLE COMBO together that makes it what it is. IF the pieces don't match your not going to see a good result.

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do yourself a favor and pull the heads and sell them off with the blower it still will be a bad combo on a low rpm 302 like yours go with the tfs track heatr or the afr 185s and it will run a hell of alot better

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
solid roller that bitch with an s-trim and your talkin! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
solid roller that bitch with an s-trim and your talkin! [Whoo Whooooo!]

say goodbye to the bottom end lol!

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
depends on how the bottom end is built.....he said forged right?

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
forged or not the block is gonna split at 550-600

--------------------

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh im taking the advice, just because im getting a little ticked off doesn tmean its not sinking in. its just not what i wnated to hear ya know? and the guy that is putting it together and in the car, is also the car that built it for the other car too. and since it already had a 10# blower on it i might try and get my hands on a turbo kit or a 14# blower. but i dont want to have to run higher than pump gas.

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh yea shit, good point i also have a TFS main girdle support! sorry major detail left out.

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

seriously that motor with smaller heads that cam would fly the ported tfs r's are just way too big for your application

--------------------

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

yea ive been hearing that, but ive also been hearit will be fine. so i dont know, besides i wont be going above 6k rpm anyways.

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

the main supports dont really do much they just keep the parts in a nice pile when the block splits ive seen a few split block 5.0s with main supports

--------------------

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

trust me i had tfs rs that were ported on a 408 with a solid roller and it had weak power below 3k and that was a 14.5-1 408 not a wimpy 302 sell the heads you will thank me for it later

--------------------

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

well im oing to take this as a live and learn experience. if the heads are to big then ill either sale them or put a blower on the car. not a very big deal. if it works good then ill probably get bored and put a blower on the car anyways.

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

next time ask b4 you buy pm me i can save you alot of stress with bad combos

--------------------

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

ill keep that in mind, but im not too worried about it since i got the heads for a lot less than retail with minumal use. new they cost 2,800, and came un-assebled. i got them for 2g's with the headers, hardened push rods, and rollor rockers, paid another 600 for the shortblock which it was all together once but is now apart. and the pistons still have the mirror finish so i know the motor wasnt in long. besides im good friends with all the people i got the stuff from.

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

ok cool 2k isnt bad for ported tfs R's with headers you cant go wrong on that deal but you seriously need a bigger engine or to sell the heads

--------------------

jayl
¯
Member # 185

think those heads would be nice on a 8.7:1 351w, solid roller , spyder intake and a D1 procharger? i just saw that combo on corral or somewhere make 650 rwhp on 12lbs

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

ehh, ima sale the car within a year so i dont care to much.

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

on a 351 with a solid roller those heads would kick some serious azz

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com