Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » How much HP could this combo have? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: How much HP could this combo have?
flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive also been reading up on n/a combos for my car. with a 331 @11.1 cr with the above mentioned, you should be close to what 93lx306nos quoted. but ed curtis would be a good person for the cam/valve train.

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shit. i forgot to read the second page before i posted. so most likely, your gonna wanna disregard that above post.

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get the Edelbrock RPM and at most have it port matched to the heads. Don't gasket match it. AFR's have slightly different centerlines so it'd be off. Don't touch the heads, they work very well as is and the difference in the 185 and 165 isn't the port opening size. It's the inner 2/3 of the runner from the bowl to the valve that makes the difference. If you want some expert advice call Brian at Hi Tech Motorsport and he'll tell you exactly why the Edel will pick up power over the Holley. He predicted it for a guy on the corral that didn't believe him until he saw both results. Difference being 20 RWHP and 30ft lbs+ more torque. Any advice I give is stuff he tells me so take it for what it's worth but I have no problems making power with the standard Performer and will make more when I get my heads back on [Wink] Be on the look out when Nate's car is done cause it's gonna be a potent ass 306 making more power than 99% of the EFI stroker's in Norcal.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how does the cobra intake match up to the AFR 185's? here's the combo:
DSS sportsman 331
AFR 185's
1.6 roller rockers
dont know what cam yet
70mm tb
75mm maf
42lbs injectors
cartech street sleeper kit [Wink]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com