Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Can anyone tell me about Byrons Tunes (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Can anyone tell me about Byrons Tunes
JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for JSHTROD  Ford pictures for JSHTROD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Byron,

I hear you and understand what you're trying to say. I respect that.

But I have heard a LOT of guys loosing a motor AFTER they tune with you. Funny enough, these same guys will praise you, right after the failure. LOL. You must make one hellofa impression.

At the same time, I hear a LOT of stock kits that last a while. Specifically, Vortec kits. It seems that if you use a stock kit, and boost, the motor has no problems lasting 50k+ miles.

Perhaps your tune is not at fault. Perhaps these stock mod motors have VERY FINITE mechanical limits. So, anything after XXXhp you're really taking your chances.

But for whatever reason, there is a definate link between 'Byrons Tune' + Stock motor = Ticking time bomb.

Posts: 137 | From: Dublin, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
see you on page 4 after that! [worship]
yipnip5.0
¯
Member # 175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yipnip5.0  Ford pictures for yipnip5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont know why, but i found this relic through a search, and though it is old, it seems worth reopening:

JSHTROD: Can you name one or two of the "LOT" of people you know who lost motors after Byrons tuning?! Or is this just something your buddies buddy told you happened to his buddy, multipled and exagerated by a factory of 5?

quote:
Originally posted by JSHTROD:
Byron,

But I have heard a LOT of guys loosing a motor AFTER they tune with you. Funny enough, these same guys will praise you, right after the failure. LOL. You must make one hellofa impression.

At the same time, I hear a LOT of stock kits that last a while. Specifically, Vortec kits. It seems that if you use a stock kit, and boost, the motor has no problems lasting 50k+ miles.

Perhaps your tune is not at fault. Perhaps these stock mod motors have VERY FINITE mechanical limits. So, anything after XXXhp you're really taking your chances.

But for whatever reason, there is a definate link between 'Byrons Tune' + Stock motor = Ticking time bomb.

Richard95stang
¯
Member # 91

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard95stang  Ford pictures for Richard95stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by yipnip5.0:
I dont know why, but i found this relic through a search, and though it is old, it seems worth reopening:

JSHTROD: Can you name one or two of the "LOT" of people you know who lost motors after Byrons tuning?! Or is this just something your buddies buddy told you happened to his buddy, multipled and exagerated by a factory of 5?

quote:
Originally posted by JSHTROD:
Byron,

Hahahaha! lol!Well All I can say out of experience is that byrons custom chip saved my ass ton's of headachs and problems after dyno tuning it. Before the tune my car pinged anytime I got on it. My car would just predetonate at as low as 2500rpm's. this detonation was on my 95GT with heads, cam, intake, fuel, exhaust, etc. After chip oh my god it was the greatest feeling getting on my car up to 6000rpm's without any detonation. I swear my car felt and also sounded healthier after the tune. i highly recommend this to anyone that is done with there aftermarket combo's. As for byron's tuning leading to blown motors is Bullshit!!!his tuning didn't blow s**t it was your led foot that didn't get off the gas pedal when it was time for the next gear. [patriot]
Posts: 1496 | From: san jose, ca. usa | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
'Byrons Tune' + Stock motor = Ticking time bomb.
that's pretty much like saying "making any decent amount of power + stock motor = ticking time bomb"
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My car has been running great since the tune. Took a fresh motor to him with some minor tuning problems and he cured them and the car is running like a turnkey 466rwhp car. Thanks Byron!!!
Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com