Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Removing My Steering Wheel!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Removing My Steering Wheel!!!!
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys, does anyone know how to remove the steering wheel on my 89 GT Fox?? I know I can can buy the removing kit but not looking to do so..I was thinking maybe someone knew how to do it without buying that [burnout] [Confused] kit..LMK..
Posts: 952 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you need to be the worlds strongest man.

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL..Im guessing theres nothing to do but buy that kit.. [burnout]
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
autozone rents them for cheap if im not mistaken

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea go down to autozone and ask to rent a steering wheel puller they have them all day

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
Sco Cuddie
¯
Member # 6757

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sco Cuddie  Ford pictures for Sco Cuddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As mentioned above, autozone rents out their steering wheel removal tool. I believe you get to keep the tool for 30 days for $20 and if you don't return it before 30 days, they keep your $20 so you basically bought the kit.
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your gonna spend 20 to rent it you might as well just buy it for the same price. I have one you can use but you gotta drive to vallejo for it. Lol.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just go buy the kit new or rent it or just post it up in the general talk section and you might get lucky [Wink]

[ September 07, 2010, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: 94 N.C.F. GT ]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DP

[ September 07, 2010, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: 94 N.C.F. GT ]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
renting their tools is free. you leave a deposit with them and you get it back when you return their tool. if you break it or don't return it then basically you bought their tool.
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea thats what I figured out..thanks guys I ended up just going to Kragen and renting one..I used a harmonic balancer puller cuz they didnt have the steering wheel one..But it is pretty much free. Leave about $30 bucks and you get your money back when you return the tool..Good deal!! [Big Grin] [burnout]

*They have other special tools for rent with the same deal..check it out if you need something.

SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 85notch5.0:
If your gonna spend 20 to rent it you might as well just buy it for the same price. I have one you can use but you gotta drive to vallejo for it. Lol.

Thanks for the offer bro!! If you weren't so far I would have borrowed it..
[patriot] [burnout]

Sco Cuddie
¯
Member # 6757

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sco Cuddie  Ford pictures for Sco Cuddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SSF_5.0_WARRIOR:
Yea thats what I figured out..thanks guys I ended up just going to Kragen and renting one..I used a harmonic balancer puller cuz they didnt have the steering wheel one..But it is pretty much free. Leave about $30 bucks and you get your money back when you return the tool..Good deal!! [Big Grin] [burnout]

*They have other special tools for rent with the same deal..check it out if you need something.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe they don't give you back $30 cash, but give you $30 store credit.
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Sco Cuddie:
quote:

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe they don't give you back $30 cash, but give you $30 store credit.
i believe you are 100% wrong
[Razz] . they give your money back as long as the tool is not broken.

SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
quote:
Originally posted by Sco Cuddie:
quote:

i believe you are 100% wrong
[Razz] . they give your money back as long as the tool is not broken.

Correct you get your money %100 percent back..as long as you return everything and the tool is good.... [Big Grin]
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've done it with out the tool by turning the wheel with car off back in fourth till the wheel just popes off in my lap good work out also lol

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Should have told me earlier bro I would have tried it..LOL.. [Big Grin] It's coo came out o be free anyways..How about that center console tho?? [burnout]
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seriously though on my sn95, all I did was take the nut off, and Wiggle it back n forth and up n down and it popped off..
Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You just need three bolts and a piece of 1/4" metal. Drill three holes, two outer screw into the wheel and the center pushes on the shaft as you crank it down. I modified a caliper compresser to work.

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Should have told me earlier bro I would have tried it..LOL.. [Big Grin] It's coo came out o be free anyways..How about that center console tho?? [burnout]

I got you meet me sunday

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Yea just give me a call before your there so I know you got my number.. [Big Grin] [burnout]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com