Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 94 5.0

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 94 5.0
grab n go
¯
Member # 9372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for grab n go  Ford pictures for grab n go  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my check engine light came on so i scanned the eev and code 181 and 189 which reads(fuel system at rich adaptive limit at partial throttle/system lean.both codes read the same.i have a cai.under drive pulleys.bbk shorty headers.40 series flows.msd ign coil.how do i fix it.
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your car is running lean, this is probably because of a vacuum leak.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
grab n go
¯
Member # 9372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for grab n go  Ford pictures for grab n go  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just replaced them.and the egr.could it b the pressure regulator?I did the fuel pump and hanger and filter to.not to familier with mustangs
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
replaced what exactly?

vacuum is not a replaceable thing, it's generated by the engine and if you have a gasket leak you'll allow unmetered air to enter and lean it out.

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

grab n go
¯
Member # 9372

hoses/lines.Is there suppposed 2 b a gasket on the back of the head where the smog pump tubes bolts up?
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

no, there isn't.

you can trace a vacuum leak with a propane can, put some tubing on it and with the car idling blast all around the intake manifold, if it sucks any in the rpm's will jump up and you've found where the leak is.

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
no, there isn't.

you can trace a vacuum leak with a propane can, put some tubing on it and with the car idling blast all around the intake manifold, if it sucks any in the rpm's will jump up and you've found where the leak is.

+1 beat me to the punch sure fire way to find a vacuum leak

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com