Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » need a confirmation bcam in my 93 cobra??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need a confirmation bcam in my 93 cobra??
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
got ahold of a b cam will it go into my 93 cobra and be cool with the 1.7's or will i be tappin my stock 93 cobra valve covers if so get some tallerones?? and get it in , any other reasons it wont work or what i need to do to make it work!!!... i love opinions and all feel free to tell me benefits/drawbacks, or even that i wasted my money, but the b is what i got so the info on what i need to make it work, outside of a reg cam install will is what i want!!!! thank you

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
93blkvenumos5.0COBRA#3377
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Posts: 1830 | From: 707 vacaville ca | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make sure you double check your piston to valve clearance
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well after you check it then you walk me through checkin it, and then you check it again, that will be 3 times...huh buddy fellow cobra 93 owning both split the 9and 3 in our licence plates, by the way your welcome for the idea, you know imitation is the highest form of flattery.....lol.... [Wink]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its not the valve covers that you should worry bout. Brandon put an f-cam in his, and a b-cam with 1.7s is a bit less than an f-cam so dont trip. It will work. Plus your running stock heads, your pistons are notched for you valves.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

folks!!! can we get a hand for the youngster, alright alright you talk a good game but......lol..you ready for it kalack-akah ka-klahk-ack-akah, bala......bl...30....h.c......fu....for......i.........lets bring her home........hey for once your gonna be bringing the noise home and pissin off the neighbors........ill "B" right behind ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.: Its not the valve covers that you should worry bout. Brandon put an f-cam in his, and a b-cam with 1.7s is a bit less than an f-cam so dont trip. It will work. Plus your running stock heads, your pistons are notched for you valves.
B cam with 1.7s is a F cam, spec wise. It will work, but in NA form, you won't gain much. If you want the lope, you'll definitely have it. You'll need a timing cover set and intake set for the gaskets.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Dan you're rite I am flattered about the L plate seeing how mine was ordered many moons before you got that beautiful cobra I feel like a fearless leader some may even say pioneer. So when is that cam going in. I'm off thursday through Saturdays so I'll give you a call next week and u can come by but be prepared for disapointment my car doesn't sound that mean [Wink]
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my b cam with 1.7 hit on the intake side not every motor is the same

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cstang50:

Sounds like it did, or was one of the following: floated the valves, was installed advanced, was a aftermarket cylinder head, or your stock heads/block were near zero-deck.

The combo should work with GT40s and a stock block. If it were me, I'd want the drivability and noticable power...and run a set of 165's and a stock HO cam. If you've got the cam and just want the lump, go for it. Check and doublecheck everything...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do know that If you get taller valve cover you will need a spacer for the manifold because the valve covers are too tall...
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

quote:
Originally posted by 707vibrantcobra93:
Hey Dan you're rite I am flattered about the L plate seeing how mine was ordered many moons before you got that beautiful cobra I feel like a fearless leader some may even say pioneer. So when is that cam going in. I'm off thursday through Saturdays so I'll give you a call next week and u can come by but be prepared for disapointment my car doesn't sound that mean [Wink]

hey what can i say about the plate good material is good material, as for the cam...oh fearless scout master i mean....den mother..shit...any ways the dude flaked on me called him A few times he just dont wanna make any effort on his end....yeah your boy blew thst whole quiet stroker bullshit out the water...dude speakin of blown away...a parently its coo for someone to walk off the street into some shopd and say i want the best shit in my motor , and let the kid walk out without discussing abudget!!

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

quote:
Originally posted by rollin5ive0:
[/qb]

a parently its coo for someone to walk off the street into some shopd and say i want the best shit in my motor , and let the kid walk out without discussing abudget!! [/QB][/QUOTE]

Shop's gotta eat too! [Wink] [Razz]

J/k...folks have gotta have a budget PRIOR to starting anything. I've seen it far too often that hopes and dreams come way before reality and paychecks.

[ September 20, 2009, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: JohnB ]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

That was with an aftermarket head and it was the exhaust valve that did not have enough clearance casey.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:

That was with an aftermarket head and it was the exhaust valve that did not have enough clearance casey.
mybad [Smile] [patriot]

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:

mybad [Smile] [patriot]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had a b cam 1.7's gt40ps and stock valve covers on my 94 gt

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com