Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Steering and brake mods for 1965 Falcon Ranchero

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Steering and brake mods for 1965 Falcon Ranchero
ForDrecord
Member # 8777

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ForDrecord  Ford pictures for ForDrecord    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I recently bought a 1965 Falcon Ranchero with factory 289 and 4 speed. I really enjoy this vehicle but would like to make some upgrades.

I have been told with certainty that the Falcon and the Mustang are basically the same animal with different skin. With this in mind, I am inclined to think that the power steering assist system that I aquired from a 1966 Mustang will be a straight forward swap. I have been told that original hydraulic lines are hard to come by and that there are quaulity issues with some of the aftermarket lines. I'm wondering if anyone has had good experiences with some of the aftermarket lines and can point me in their direction.

I would also like to swap over to the Granada/Monarch disc brake setup. Anyone having those components for sale should feel free to contact me.

I am also looking for a heavier than stock sway bar that can be swapped in with minor mods.

Any advice on these changes would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com