Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HOW DO I GET THESE DOOR SPEAKERS OFF??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HOW DO I GET THESE DOOR SPEAKERS OFF??
ProjectFox87
¯
Member # 7048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ProjectFox87  Ford pictures for ProjectFox87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WELL, I TAKE THE ONE SCHREW OFF, THEN ITS LOOSE, BUT IT SEEMS TO STILL BE ON BY ONE PEICE TAHTS INTERNAL THAT I CANT GET OFF. I DONT WANNA TAKE THE WHOLE DOOR THING OFF, SO IS THERE ANOTHER WAY?? IS THE GRILL PART SUPPOSE TO JUST POP OFF? I TRED FO FORCE IT OFF, BUT SEEMED LIKE IT WAS GONNA BREAK, K THNX GUYS

--------------------
1987 MUSTANG 5.0.Sold 1990 MX-5 Turbo MIATA Sold 1990 Mustang 5.0. Sold 1992 Turbo Miata Sold
1991 240sx Sold 1991 Miata Turbo,WILL Spank your 5.0 =]

Posts: 510 | From: WEST SACRAMENTO | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it will break. you need to pull the complete door pannel

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
89SC50
¯
Member # 6248

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89SC50  Ford pictures for 89SC50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude slow down, the speaker is under that grill just take the door panel off takes 3 minutes
Posts: 185 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tip of the day: NEVER force anything off.

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea once the panel is removed, there are three screws that hold the speaker in place.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

ProjectFox87
¯
Member # 7048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ProjectFox87  Ford pictures for ProjectFox87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL THANKS GUYS, ILL GET OUT THERE WIT MAH FLASH LIGHT IN LITTLE BIT! NOW HOW DOES THAT DAMN PANEL COME OFF EXACTLY?

--------------------
1987 MUSTANG 5.0.Sold 1990 MX-5 Turbo MIATA Sold 1990 Mustang 5.0. Sold 1992 Turbo Miata Sold
1991 240sx Sold 1991 Miata Turbo,WILL Spank your 5.0 =]

Posts: 510 | From: WEST SACRAMENTO | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
getjobdone
¯
Member # 4666

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for getjobdone  Ford pictures for getjobdone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
remove the two screws in the armrest and pull that off, careful of the wiring harness for PDL and PW if you have. remove the screw from the door handle bezel and remove that. then there are like a dozen plastic clips along the sides and bottom of the panel; just stick your fingers between the panel and the door and pull away. then the door panel just lifts up.

--------------------
91 notch ^ blown h/c/i

Posts: 677 | From: east bay,ca | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Remove all the screws from the panel. When you pull the panel off becareful of the push pins. They are a bitch to get off. I know 50resto has a tool for them. You might want to also purchase new pins because after you pull them out a couple of times they loose their bite.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are two screws in the armrest that need to come out. Then pop off the small round plastic bolt covers that are on the armrest and remove the two bolts. I think they are 9mm. When you pull the armrest off you'll need to unplug the two wire harnesses behind it for the power windows/locks. Take out the tiny screw in the center of the interior door handle and pull that cover off. Take out the screw for the side rearview mirror and take the triangular plastic cover off of that too.

Now you will be able to start pulling the panel off the door. Pull one plastic pin at a time and get your fingers as close to each pin as possible so you don't bend the door panel or rip the cardboard. Once all the pins are out just lift UP and the door panel will come right off. First time will take you 15 min. next time no more than a few.

When you put the panel back on make sure the lock is UP. This will be a good first starting point to lining the panel back on. DON"T force it back on. It will only fit one way so if it isn't fitting when you are trying to put it back on then you need to just keep moving it around till it pops down into place.

You can even do all this with the door close but that is actually a pain the ass. So if anyones door lock actuators are going out you may want to fix them before you can't open the door. [patriot]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com