Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fox lx......removing trans...longtubes

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fox lx......removing trans...longtubes
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok i got a question. do i need to take the long tubes off in order to take the t5 out? thanks, eddie

[ January 23, 2007, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Eddie306 ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just the trans? Or are you going for the clutch too? You may be able to get the trans out with the headers on , but to get the bellhousing off the headers need to be unbolted.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AJBlackGT:
Just the trans? Or are you going for the clutch too? You may be able to get the trans out with the headers on , but to get the bellhousing off the headers need to be unbolted.

[Frown] thanks aj. well i just baught this car with the syncros blown, its a 4cyl converted to a v8. and now im wondering if the tranny is a 4cyl tranny. it is a 5speed. is that possible 302 motor with a 4 cylnder tranny on there [Confused] only thing that trpid me off was some kind of round metal wieght on the driveshaft where it connests to the tranny. So im thinking if it is a 4cyl tranny i might need to take the bell housing off as well [Frown]

[ January 23, 2007, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Eddie306 ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a fox w/ the BBK long tubes, and I've never had to remove the headers to get the bell housing off. You just have to play with the housing a little to get it out.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

thanks cobra

--------------------

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One I did with long tubes, I had to take out the four bolts and pull just the trans first. Then take out the bellhousing

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

quote:
Originally posted by COBRAreflection:
I got a fox w/ the BBK long tubes, and I've never had to remove the headers to get the bell housing off. You just have to play with the housing a little to get it out.

thats prob cause the out side around where the starter is at is in the way. well i just took out the t5 and left the bell housing on there since im just replaceing the t5.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com