Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Alignment...where to get it done

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Alignment...where to get it done
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I changed my a arms so i need an alignment...i went to wheel works and he quoted me from
$100-200 ( i told him that i thought the camber was off and he said that made the price go up). That seems a bit high, anybody recommend a place that will do it

gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like they are trying to get over. Doesnt wheel alignment include adjusting the caster/camber. What do they do if they dont include that part? Just give the tie rods a turn or two? [Confused]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that should be included in the price. i usually just go to big o or wheelworks

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya that's what i thaught....i guess i'll go elsewhere..big o or something similar
xomp
¯
Member # 1785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xomp  Ford pictures for xomp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hm.. i did mine at firestone. $150 for a lifetime of alignments. i asked and they said it included camber plates.
the first time, the bastard at the counter charged me more for the "one time" alignment+camber.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com