Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » oil in intake

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: oil in intake
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I noticed my pcv valve is sucking oil into the intake it is a performer intake it has done this with two different motors what would cause this? please help thanks

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had the same problem with my Edelbrock Performer intake...Just make sure that the oil baffle on the lower intake is on right, and the PCV is in working order...I've had bad luck with Fram or other cheap PCV valves and only buy Ford Motorcraft PCV's....

There are a few ways you can fix it, but the best results I got were just to disconnect the PCV and install breathers...I found a K&N breather that will fit into the location of the stock PCV and used a Ford Racing oil cap breather(K&N was too big for my cold air piping) and capped everything else off...I wouldn't recommend this way, just because your oil will get contaminated faster and PCV systems get rid of crankcase pressure which adds horsepower...But taking on all that oil in my intake wasn't helping my horsepower much...

Good luck....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com