Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 94-95 Air Conditioning...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 94-95 Air Conditioning...
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are these prone to break? Has anyone had problems with them? I replaced my compressor last year and filled it up and the compressor has failed again. It most likely failed because of a leak i have but still this sucks.

[ May 30, 2005, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0JEEP ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all ford a/c systems with quick connect fittings are prone to failure. You MUST change all the o-rings, and should add the aftermarket clamps they make. Also if the compressor fails you have to change the dryer and any filters/orfice tubes.

[ May 29, 2005, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: CDT ]

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i know i am just curious if this is a common problem.
Some shop wanted to diagnosis my system for 280 bucks that was before the compressor failed i just got a new compressor and dryer and some other things for 280 bucks. I am gonna have the hoses i know are leaking done on tuesday and then i'll hopefully get it filled sometime this week before i move.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Where does the Orifice Tube go?!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
trust me, do ALL the o-rings, I am not sure on your car, some are in the line, and some plug into the evaporator inside the high side hose.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by CDT:
trust me, do ALL the o-rings, I am not sure on your car, some are in the line, and some plug into the evaporator inside the high side hose.

i plan on doing all the orings but i need to know where the orifice tube goes, everything i've read tells me the liquid line but WHERE in the liquid line?! At the dryer? at the condenser? i have no idea.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

the liquid line, is the high pressure side, the smaller of the tubes. I think on some Ford's its made into the line, look for a hex type crimp in the tube. The orfice is what seperates the high side from the low side, so where ever the hose changes from small to big is where you want to look. They also sell a flush that you might want to use.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

I have to install a new orifice tube to keep the warranty on the compressor. I haven't seen any hex shapes anywhere on the lines. The orifice tube i got won't fit in the smaller line.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

None of the hoses that i took off are going from a small line to a big line. The two hoses that are leaking at the low pressure line and the high pressure line coming off the compressor so is the orifice tube in another line that i might not have disconnected?

[ May 30, 2005, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0JEEP ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

also a problem is which way does the tube go in the line? one side of it has a valve the otherside is a filter. Does the filter go into the bigger line first or does the valve?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

look inside the evaporator where the small line goes in.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by CDT:
look inside the evaporator where the small line goes in.

i didn't see any size difference in the lines for the dryer/evaporator and i am starting to think that the system never had an orifice tube and i am starting to wonder if thats why the hoses started leaking

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

if it didnt there would be no cooling.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

well i can't find it anywhere and i think i know where it goes but i am going to wait and have the shop that fills it put it in for me since the system is already dry. Getting the hoses done tomorrow and getting all the orings also.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Air conditioning sucks. If this shit stop working in a year i am gonna tear it out. I've already spent 500 bucks on parts and tomorrow i'll probably spend 300 just to fill it up [Eek!]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com