Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » front rotors 5 lug. rims wont fit

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: front rotors 5 lug. rims wont fit
fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 5 lug converion on my foxbody w/ crossdrilled and slotted rotors 11 inche. i dont know what kind their new and were on the car when i bought it . i use to have 94 cobra wheels on their and they fit right. now that i try and put on my 18x9 roush wheels they wont even go on the rotor . the part that goes on the center cap is to fat for the hole thats on the wheel.(its kind hard to explain)
really what i want to know is what rotor do i need to run in order to fit these roush wheels?
i want to replace them with a cross drilled and slotted rotor.
also i have stock spindles if i had sn95 spindles would it a make a difference ?

1992gtdrop
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like you have lincoln/svo rotors. Due the large dust cap it prevents alot of the newer mustang wheels from being mounted. There are 2 solutions you can take your rotors to a machine shop and have the dust cap cut off or you can convert to SN-95 front spindles and rotors. Good Luck [patriot]

[ May 26, 2005, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: 1992gtdrop ]

:
h8louzn
¯
Member # 1075

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for h8louzn  Ford pictures for h8louzn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just take a grinder and bevel the edge where your dust cap goes.
It will take some time but works great.
I have not done it myself but I have seen it done and it works!
Good luck

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you will need sn95 spindals and rotor setup the hub on a roush wheel is way to small for any thing else i had the same prob. along long time ago im very limited to what wheels i can you because of my five lug rotors on my fox...

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the parts thats too fat isnt the dust cap it the part that i have apic to show if some one can post it for me ? i think im going to havee it machined to a smaller size does any one think thats not a good idea ? i want to kep the rotors i have their neew with zeero miles and are cross drilleed and slotted , i think grinding them down is the best way to goe will i have any balnce issues? thanks
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats what i said the hub is too big to fir inside of the wheel opening. you can shave down the hub but only so much it will weaken it id have a machine shop check it out [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com