Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Autopower roll bar installation

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Autopower roll bar installation
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong, can anyone give me pics of how an autopower 4pt should be installed in a coupe?

-
 -
 -

I picked it up 2 days ago, was told this cage is for a coupe and not a hatch.

I was under the impression the rear bars bolted next to the shock tower, but they look like I need to cut the hell out of my rear 1/4 panels in order to bolt them to the front of the wheelwell?

I'm really hoping somone has pics of one of these installed properly. I'm on my way right now to drive up the santa rosa to have it sandblasted and then powdercoated black [Confused]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
droptp50
¯
Member # 5546

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for droptp50  Ford pictures for droptp50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where in santa rosa you gettin it powder coated at?

--------------------
91 gt vert - sold
89 lx hatch

evintho
¯
Member # 5536

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for evintho  Ford pictures for evintho  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:
I was under the impression the rear bars bolted next to the shock tower, but they look like I need to cut the hell out of my rear 1/4 panels in order to bolt them to the front of the wheelwell?

You may have too. Carefully cut out the section needed and after you install the bar, epoxy the cut piece back in. Sand the epoxy down flush and paint the panels with OEM color interior plastic paint. If you do it right, nobody will ever know!

quote:
Originally posted by blind:
I'm on my way right now to drive up the santa rosa to have it sandblasted and then powdercoated black [Confused]

I would make sure it's installed correctly first, then pull it out and go get it coated. Who in Santa Rosa does your powdercoating??

--------------------
'89 Mustang LX droptop running a turbocharged 2.3, and proud of it!!
Check out 'Thunderstang'!

Posts: 285 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
JK Fabrication in SR

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com