Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Supercharging and Compression ratio's????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Supercharging and Compression ratio's????
Beans
¯
Member # 5711

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beans  Ford pictures for Beans  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok well letm e begain by introducing myslef my name is Billy but all my frined call me Beans. I am Building another 65-66 ford mustang coup like i had in high school when I find one. I am curently Building a small block 302 that will be bored and stroked to 354 cubic inches. I was planing on supercharging the motor. OK first off I was wondering what what a good compresion ratio would be to run? I have buld motor before but only build them mild and I want to build somthing with alot of horsepower but not to wild to where I coldn't drive the car on the street. SO if you can please give me some tips and or pointers on what cranks and rods and pistons that would be could for a supercharged motor and what compression ratio I Would need to run. Thanks In advance Beans
Posts: 32 | From: Livermore California | Registered: May 2005  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
one of the mags ran a modular with stock and then raised compression on a dyno and then did the same with a s/c on it, the difference was insane! the higher compression certantly made a lot more power... Ill try and find what issue it was and post it up later today [patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
depends a lot on what supercharger you want to run.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It depends on how much boost you want to run and what you are trying to do with your setup (ie maximize power or reliability).

I would say somewhere between 8:1 and 9:1 would give you good reliability.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Beans
¯
Member # 5711

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beans  Ford pictures for Beans  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK yea I was thinking somewhere between 8:1 and 9:1 its will me a paxton novie 1200 probly pulling 10spi on a carberated motor. But yea if you can find that issue it will help me out alot I just need more info since I have never done a supercharged motor. Thanks in advance Beans.
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would say 9.1 with that blower

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The more compression the more power, but you have to run the right gas. If you want to run pump gas, don't go over 9:1. You will still have to retard the timing quite a bit.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Beans
¯
Member # 5711

Yea me and my dad talked about it and yea we won't go more than 9:1 for that reason that we want to run it on pump gas. Thanks for the help guys. I was also wondering where I coudl get a ford racing block cheap too. thanks again Beans.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com