Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ABS light

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ABS light
j_yates78
¯
Member # 1791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j_yates78  Ford pictures for j_yates78    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK so i have had my issues with the car lately, but now i am down to just two.

1. ABS light is on and the traction control automatically comes on.

2. the problem with my starter was the caused by the front driverside tire rubbing through and messing up the wires to the relay.
So how can i prevent this from happening again? a plate under the fuse box? or... Any ideas?

Update I bought a Manual for my mustang less than 20 bucks.

--------------------
99 Cobra HCI/Vortech
Koni Yellows
Griggs Subs
Eibach Springs
MM C/C plates
4.10's

Posts: 148 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You may have a broken wire to one of your ABS sensors as well. When I was working at Toyota we had a brand new Tacoma I had to drive to our dealership from Yuba City and while just normally driving the ABS light came on after about 60 miles. Turned out to be a broken wire.

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your tire rubbed through the inner fender liner and you never heard or felt that?...

The ABS and traction control problems are probably the same thing...Check the ABS sensors and ABS rings on the wheels and especially the one that was rubbing....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com