Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Check out what my parts swap did to my ET!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Check out what my parts swap did to my ET!!!
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Before the swap:
263rwhp 331rwtq
13.66 @ 101 1.98 60'

L51014 ---> xe274hr
TFS street heat ---> TFS track heat
Bassani x w/cats ---> Bassani o/r x
2 chamber flows ---> spintech prostreets

After the swap:
307rwhp 321rwtq
12.78 @ 108 1.93 60'

I was launching only at 2000 cause my brakes couldn't hold the car at any higher of an rpm.

I wonder what would happen if I got a transbrake and was able to launch at say between 3000-4000 and was able to drop my 60' in the 1.7s or better.

Again much props to Ray at Dynolabs in San Ramon.

[Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
101mph to 108mph seems pretty nice!.... [patriot]

What gears do you have, 4.10's?...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn them some gains [patriot]
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Now it's time for a higher stall torque convertor [patriot] Nice number BTW.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I have 4.10s.

Oh man I was grinning ear to ear when I saw my slips.

This kinda sucks, I just put a PI 3000 in there about 6 months ago...that's why I was opting to try the transbrake first. What do you think?

Tony

--------------------

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twstd5o:
Yeah I have 4.10s.

Oh man I was grinning ear to ear when I saw my slips.

This kinda sucks, I just put a PI 3000 in there about 6 months ago...that's why I was opting to try the transbrake first. What do you think?

Tony

Definitely [patriot]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great times ! The 3640 weight makes it even more impressive:eek:

A transbrake should drop your 60' also

[patriot]

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

I don't know anything about transbrakes...

I have a PI3000. Would the transbrake let me launch at any rpm I want or limit me to 3000?

About how much do they go for?

Tony

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome improvement!
That's more then I expected!

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

more than I expected too...

my first run was at 12.86 at 108. Then there like 8 or 9 runs in the 12.9s at around 107. My last run was the best 12.78 @108. I was pretty surprised.

--------------------

graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Really impressive times. Especially for an automatic convertible. [patriot]

--------------------
2012 Mustang GT
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Notch
1995 Impala SS

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats pretty damm good [patriot]

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you get a trans-break it will help, but I think you need better tires, or a differnt converter. I have an Art Carr 3000 converter and with my ET street I can go all the way too 3000. Don't forget that every car will be differnt with the same converter. When you order a converter they sould ask you about your motor, car weight, and gears to best match what they build. The same converter will be a differnt stall on every car you put it in. I plan on getting a break too, but if you do you will realy need more tire.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Don-

I saw your videos from Sac..pretty cool.

What rpm were you launching at? Have you checked around for transbrakes?

It actually might just be my driving and or launch technique that's the problem. The next time I go to the track I'll have to really focus on holding the brakes more and launching harder. I might be able to get the rpms up to at least 2300. Do you think the ET streets would help more because they would hold better and not tend to spin when I'm trying to stall the car to a high rpm?

Thanks,

Tony

--------------------

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes my car on street tires won't hold more then 2200, so the more tire the better. I have an AOD so you are better of then me(as far as options). What drag radials do you have?

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

I have the BFG G Force Drags... The hook pretty good actually. I don't have any spin off the line. The one thing that sucks is that they wear really fast.

I've put around 1000 miles on them and 18 runs at the track and there's almost no tread left.

Let me know the next time you go up to the track and I'll try to go too.

I'm guessing you go up Hwy 5. That's the way I go since I'm in Antioch.

--------------------

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

I take 99 all the way up. I will let you know when I head up next time. Let me know the next time you are going too. Trust me the fact that you have an AODE gives you a lot more benifits then the non elecrtic AOD I have. Also if you like to street race we do that once in a while too. [Wink]

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

I'm gonna try and sneak up there next friday 5/21. I'm doing some weight reduction mods to see if that will better my ETs any.

Tony

--------------------

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

I will be in Vegas. Maybe next time.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com