Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » performance on a fox body????????????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: performance on a fox body????????????
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a stock 93 gt. with cold air, pullies, shortie headers, x pipe, msd 6a, and 3:55s

i want to start getting a little more fuel and air into it, but i want to do it right, so i need to know what sizes would be good....
i want to get the following:

Mass Air meter
throttle body
intake manifold
injectors
fuel pump
regulator

maybe also a cam. and rockers (should i get hydrolic lifter, are they worth it?)

have you guys heard of the typhoon intake? what do you think?http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2003/12/efiintake/index.shtml

thanks [dance]

Posts: 776 | From: Santa Cruz y Menlo Park | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
STrim209StaNg
¯
Member # 4220

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STrim209StaNg  Ford pictures for STrim209StaNg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what kind of power adder are you leaning toward.? supercharger / turbo / nitrous?
Posts: 169 | From: KALIFORNIA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would eventually want to go with a supercharger

and peak at about 350-400 streetable hp.

menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Honestly dude, it'd be better to do it all at once when you get the blower because with the blower, you'll need a higher volume fuel pump, bigger injectors, a larger MAF to mate with it, and many other supporting parts. But as for the AFPR, intake, and throttle body here goes.

People complain about BBK stuff, but I've got the FPR and it works fine for me, so if you want cheap and a crap shoot on whether it'll work right, go with BBK. If not, Kirban. As for intakes, Look at the standard stuff like Trick Flow, Edelbrock, Holley, etc... Some of the dudes on the site have some pretty fast cars and are running the Typhoon intake. Off the top of my head, I think Fasterdamnit has it. I guess it works well for him considering he's running 11s with a stock block 302 and a h/c/i combo. The throttle body is something that is kind of iffy depending on when you get the blower. I'm not exactly sure, but going with a 70mm on a basically stock car might be a bit much. It wouldn't be with a blower, but you could get by with a 65mm and a blower too. As for the cam, again, I'd wait until you decide whether to go with a blower or not because your numbers with the blower will be determined significantly by which cam you run.

Sorry if this seems like rambling. I'm usually not awake this early. And lastly, get others opinions on it before going out and dropping a grand at summit. Good luck.

There, I did my good deed for the day.

[ April 08, 2004, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: The Nick ]

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the typhoon intake sucks, and not just cause it's made in China and a ripoff of an Edelbrock performer rpm. The quality sucks.

anyways, you can nickle and dime yourself to death on the parts that aren't a restriction now (mass air meters, throttle bodies, injectors, etc)

the proven bolt-ons for a stock motor are:

gears:
underdrives:
and to a lesser extent, headers/off-road pipe/mufflers:

if you're going to go the blower route though, I'd do it all at once, you'll probably get a kit which comes with the fuel pump, injectors, FMU (if applicable), etc. and the only thing you'll want would be a bigger TB (kit may come with a mass air for your bigger injectors)

an S-trim on a stock motor is a very potent combo, capable of 11's with gears and slicks and not much else. [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-:
I think the typhoon intake sucks, and not just cause it's made in China and a ripoff of an Edelbrock performer rpm. The quality sucks.

anyways, you can nickle and dime yourself to death on the parts that aren't a restriction now (mass air meters, throttle bodies, injectors, etc)

the proven bolt-ons for a stock motor are:

gears:
underdrives:
and to a lesser extent, headers/off-road pipe/mufflers:

I wouldn't waste my money on the "Typooh" intake or BBK for that matter...

Best bang for buck is what Shade said...gears, pulleys and exhaust...Looks like you have 3.55's and pulleys, headers and an X, but what cat back do you have?...

I think you need to find out what your goals are before choosing the size injectors and TB and MAF...If you're going to stay with the stock heads right now I'd do this...

MAF~76 C&L
TB~FMS-65mm/w EGR plate
Intake~Edelbrock Performer
Injectors~19lbs(stock)
Fuel pump~Walbro 190lph
AFPR~Kirban

5.0's have hydualic cams and lifters stock..I might go with a set of 1.7 roller rockers, but I think you should just install a cam, heads and rockers at the same time...

If you're going to get a supercharger it might be better to wait on all that stuff and get something matched more to the supercharger....Like for instance you want injectors?...Well, if you installed 36lb injectors on your stock motor it would run like shit, but on a supercharged engine they would be great....It's better and cheaper to buy parts once... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com