Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » seats

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: seats
erccobra
¯
Member # 1112

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for erccobra  Ford pictures for erccobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have seen this problem in alot of stangs,but in my 98 cobra my driver seat is cocked towards the driver door ..so when you look at it from the front the seat is crooked now when i clean it the passenger seat sits right up against the console ,the driver seat is about 5 inches away.is any one else having this problem if not how can i fix it
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put a couple washers nearest the door to tilt it back towards the console in an effort to level it. Do same on other side just opposite way, again to level the seat.
Good luck.
I have done this before.

--------------------
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition
"Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!"

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Before putting any washers in you need to get under your car and check for floorpan damage. You can see the seat mounting bolts through the bottom of the floor. A common problem in fox body and fox-4 platform mustangs is the rear bolt closest to the door rips the floorpan. This causes the drivers seaty to lean back and to the left. It is caused by the floorpan flexing under acceleration, deceleration, and cornering. Check it out, if it is the case you need to take your car to a body shop and have it repaired. Hope this helps.

Pete

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good Pete.
He knows better then I.

My old Demon was a full-on ex-Drag car.
All sorts of shit was not stock and twisted.
While the original seat holes didnt have damage, the floor couldnat have been straight, and that was my solution.

--------------------
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition
"Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!"

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
blackcobra98
¯
Member # 1078

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for blackcobra98  Ford pictures for blackcobra98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is very interesting...When I read this post yesterday, I went out and checked out the driver's seat in my 98 Cobra, and the exact same thing is going on...My driver's side seat is about 2-3 inches from the center console [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] , whereas the passenger seat is right next to it (the center console). What a load of crap. Ford is really starting to piss me off with all these little problems: Convertible top (Fading, cracking, peeling, stiching coming apart-I had it replaced twice under warranty with that crappy canvas top, I finally broke down and had a Cloth top put on, which I had Ford pay for half and I paid for half), Driver's side seat being mis-aligned, I had my steering wheel replaced earlier due to the leather wrap on it getting all jacked up on the top (I don't even leave my car out in the sun), I had the stereo replaced due to the buttons losing their standard black color and becoming white where they were being pressed frequently (volume, seek, etc.), I have a crazy idle that acts up at times that no one at Ford has any idea what it is, and I have had to replace all the screws inside my trunk area which were holding down the interior fabric, since they started popping out on their own. Not to mention that I had to lose my car for a day due to that stupid "Emergency Brake recall" crap. The other day, I noticed online that people have been complaining about the brake lines going out....

But I love my car, and it loves me...so all is forgiven. haha... [Big Grin] [worship]

But seriously though, you think Ford would put a few extra minutes into doing Cobras up right...Shouldn't we get what we pay for in terms of quality? [Confused] And isn't SVT supposed to be the Ford Flagship, pretty much? At least the 2003 Cobra is coming with a Cloth top and 17x9 rims like it should. At least that is a little progress on Ford's part. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
1998 Cobra #2892/3480-**SOLD 7/2/03**
2004 Lightning #1632/3781-**SOLD 8/06**

erccobra
¯
Member # 1112

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for erccobra  Ford pictures for erccobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my idle is messed up too check out my post its called crazy idle

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com