Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Trouble with dimmer light switch !!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Trouble with dimmer light switch !!!!!
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I traced it down to the dimmer switch!!!! I took it apart looked at the wires and they are all melted..... I spliced into them and replaced them as far up into the harness I could get.....

But same prob even though I redid everything.... Is there anyway to go around to make my lights work??? Or can I buy and after market setup that I will not have to connect the dimmer switch through??? HELP!!!!!!!!
I forgot to mention my outside lights work great my head luight exc>>>> Its just my inetrior cluster!!!

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah there is about 5 wires that where melted together.... I traced them all the way up where they go into the main wire harness.... I replaced the parts where the wire was melted and that did not fix it.....

I need to find some way to wire around my dimmer switch, and dirrectly interconnect it with my head light switch..... ANY IDEAS!!!!

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey IKE, it's about time to upgrade your whole car and re-up [patriot]

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2004 Harley Heritage Softail Classic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

Posts: 321 | From: Summerville, SC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Im starting to agree with you!!!!!!

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

BY the time I get done with every thing It will be a new car !!!!!

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know crap about wiring, or i would help you out. I should be getting out of here around noon. If you need any help give me a call. 4-5517

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2004 Harley Heritage Softail Classic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

Posts: 321 | From: Summerville, SC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

I appreciate your help Elwin!!!! Im sorry about not calling... I left to early to get your email back in time to get your #.... My mother inlaw is here I took robin and her mom to Monterey...

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ike, Give me a call. I can help you out with this.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com