Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » 68 mustang coupe

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 68 mustang coupe
Trakjunky
¯
Member # 11281

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trakjunky  Ford pictures for Trakjunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thinking about selling my old school project,

Started out as a completly stock 68 C code coupe, had a 289 and a C4 trans with drum brakes all around and the deluxe interior and power steering with the "quick ratio" steering box.

Car currently has a full T-5 trans swap, all new front and rear suspension that is upgraded for handling, just needs to have a few more parts installed to have a very well handling mustang.

Has a front disc brake conversion kit, most of it is installed, new master cylinder, proportioning valve and calipers need to be installed still.

Theres about 4000 into the suspension alone and i have reciepts for it all.

Also will come with 17x9 and 17x10.5 FR500 replicas with toyo RA-1 race rubber. As this car was going to get autocrossed and open tracked. This is about 1500 worth of wheels and tires.

other parts still needing to be installed which will be included.
Maier Racing pan hard rod kit
Global west subframe connectors
Strut bars
RCD front bilstein shocks
ceramic coated Tri-y headers
Theres more parts just cant think of them.

The good, car was originally built in san jose, as stayed on west coast its whole life. and has been undercoated. also has edelbrock performer intake and carb. and petronix ignitor already installed in the distributor. Has not been registered in CA yet as i got the car from my mom with a signed title with no date so i wouldnt accrue back fees while doing work on it.

The bad, needs new dash panel, fuel level sending unit, and turn signal switch. has a small ding on rear quarter thatll need to be fixed. and needs an exterior paint job if staying same color. but the rest of the body is straight.

I drove the car box stock 350 miles from central oregon to california with zero problems so i know the motor is solid and runs well. That includes going over all the mountain passes.

With the price of the car and what i got into it are easily over 11K.

Looking to get 7K for it, which for a couple weekends of work which i have no time for will get you a corner monster classic mustang that would be a cool weekend car or driver as well.

Car will have to be towed away since the brakes are not complete, But it starts and runs and i can show you it will move under its own power.

If you would like any more pics of anything PM me or call or text at 530-588-4257

-

-

-

-

-

-

Trakjunky
¯
Member # 11281

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trakjunky  Ford pictures for Trakjunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bump it up
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what size rotors are those? by the way good luck with sale? [patriot]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Trakjunky
¯
Member # 11281

I believe they are 11.9 inch rotors
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice ride glws [patriot]

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Trakjunky:
I believe they are 11.9 inch rotors

reason i asked was cause i need new rotors and those look exactly like mine.. i wonder where you get replacment ones..

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What did you go with for suspension?
Posts: 549 | From: angels camp | Registered: May 2008  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love me some 67-68 Mustangs!

Car looks straight too. Meridian?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Trakjunky
¯
Member # 11281

You can get the rotors from CSRP or opentacker racing, they are Granada style slotted rotors.

Meridian is outside yuba city,

Thanks for the bumps! Tell your friends! Gotta get this sold!

Trakjunky
¯
Member # 11281

TTT!!! Up and away
Trakjunky
¯
Member # 11281

Bump it up
dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can finish the parts installs..... TTT [patriot]

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
Trakjunky
¯
Member # 11281

TTT for anyone else who hasn't seen it
Trakjunky
¯
Member # 11281

Im sure almost everyone on here has seen it by now so one more time.
Tony Montana
¯
Member # 8288

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Montana  Ford pictures for Tony Montana    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice ride what size spacers and is that the stock length rear end thinking of getting a set of these for my 68.

--------------------
I lend my brother a hand cus i know i can i keep going and going but i aint the pink bunny instead of beatin on a drum i never stop gettting money

Posts: 369 | From: Oakland California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Trakjunky
¯
Member # 11281

one inch spacers with pressed in studs... stock 8 inch.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com