Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » 98 Mustang Street Strip, 11 Second Quarter, 460 RWHP, $7,500

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 98 Mustang Street Strip, 11 Second Quarter, 460 RWHP, $7,500
sn4bwc
¯
Member # 8035

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sn4bwc  Ford pictures for sn4bwc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Up for sale is a very clean and adult owned 1998 Mustang GT that has been built for quarter mile. Every piece of this car has been gone through and re-done by me. I have owned the car for 5 years and have spent hundreds of hours, and thousands of dollars working on it. The car is a California native, had 3 owner including me and has a clean California title. Original miles on chassis is about 110,000. I bought it totally stock from a neighbor, and did all the modifications myself. The car is primarily a track car for Fun Drags and Bracket Drags at Infineon and Sacramento Raceways. The car is very consistent and runs high 11s. Dyno tuned by Matt at Nextgen Motorsports in Hayward 460 RWHP on a very mild and safe tune. The power on this car could easily be turned up to well over 500 on a more aggressive tune. The car runs and shifts great with no issues whatsoever. It is ready to drive on the street, or take to the track. Idles smooth, sounds great. This is a track car, so don’t expect it to be quiet and comfy. This car is 100% street legal and registered, smogs fine with stock midpipe on (included). However, this is a purpose built drag car, it is loud, smelly, and bumpy, just like a Mustang should be. Not a good car for an inexperienced driver or young kid. I will do my best to include most of the upgrades, but there is really too much to list.

Motor:

-1997 Stock NPI shortblock with 70K miles, good compression, cross hatching, and clean level deck on assembly.
-Patriot Stage 2 Heads with upgraded valve springs (less than 1,000 miles)
-Cushman (VT Motorsports) Stage 1 Cams
-Vortech V2SQ oil cooled supercharger non-intercooled with stock 3.6 pulley, 10 PSI at redline. 3.33 Pully included if you want to push up the power. Supercharger has less than 1,000 miles
-Andreson Motorsports Mr. Freeze Meth Injection kit with jet system. Currently using the small jet. Used to cool the charge on hot days at the track, or when hot lapping. Car is tuned to run without the meth. (less than 1,000 miles)
-FRPP PI intake (less than 1,000 miles)
-C&L Plenum
-BBK Throttle Body
-New water pump (less than 1,000 miles)
-Cobra oil pump for increased flow (less than 1,000 miles)
-All new timing chains and guides (less than 1,000 miles)
-New gaskets, bearings, and seals in the entire motor (less than 1,000 miles)
-New poly motor mounts (less than 1,000 miles)

Spark:

-Battery relocated to trunk in Taylor box per NHRA rules with cutoff switch
-2 Stage cooler plugs, gaped at .028, and changed ever 500 miles
-2 Accel coil packs (less than 1,000 miles)
-MSD spark plug wires (less than 1,000 miles)
-Kenne Bell Boost a Spark, set to 100% (less than 1,000 miles)

Fuel:

-FRPP 42 lb Injectors (less than 1,000 miles)
-SVT Focus fuel pump (less than 1,000 miles)
-Lightning 90mm MAF with fender mounted open filter (less than 1,000 miles)
-Kenne Bell Boost a Pump set to 20% (less than 1,000 miles)

Exhaust:

-BBK Equal length headers with stock gaskets (less than 1,000 miles)
-Mac Prochamber Midpipe
-Flow Master American Thunder Catback with chrome tips, turndowns also included.

Drivetrain and Rear End:

-Stock 5-Speed T45 Tranny with less than 80K miles with fresh fluids
-Spec Stage 2 clutch (Less than 2,000 Miles)
-Completely rebuilt rear end with all new bearings, fluids, and seals (less than 1,000 miles)
-FRPP 4.30 gears
-FRPP 31-spline limited slip differential with carbon disks
-Yukon 31-spline axels
-MAC rear end girdle
-Driveshaft Safety Loop

Wheels, Tires, Brakes:

Weld Draglites big and little set 15x8 Rear, 15x3.5 Front
NHRA Legal extended studs and fresh lugs all around.
Mickey Thompson Drag Radials in the rear with 80% tread
Kumho 165r15 tires in the front with 90% tread
New front hubs and wheel bearings
Upgraded front brakes, PBR dual piston caliper aluminum
New front rotors and fresh pads
Rear rotors and pads over 80%

Chassis and Suspension:

-Maximum Motorsports 6-point bolt in roll bar, removable harness bar, swing out door bars, painted to match interior, and covered with NHRA legal impact foam
-Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors, welded
-4cyl springs up front, mach 1 springs in the rear
-Maximum Motorsports weight jacker rear lower control arms, stock uppers
-Strange 10-way adjustable front struts
-Mach 1 rear shocks
-Adjustable BBK airbag system set up in right rear coil for pre-load
-All unnecessary weight cut out, not gutted or butchered, but down to bare essentials. Still has spare tire, full interior, and stereo. Never weighed but should be around 3,100 lbs without driver in race trim.

Interior:

-Clubman style composite racing seats
-Auto meter 5” tach and shift light combo mounted on dash
-Auto Meter Boost Guage installed on column
-Upgraded stereo deck, flip down cd player.
-Passenger airbag removed
-All interior and seats are intact and in good condition
-Power everything, all works

Exterior:

-Completely repainted 2 years ago. Close to factory color. Paint job comes with lifetime warranty from Earl Scheib. All prep work was done, and car was sprayed with primer, and 3-coats each of base and clear. Paint is definitely not perfect, but very nice. Paperwork included for warranty. Dents and scratches here and there from being in the garage. Paint rated at a 7.5 out of 10.
-Cowl Hood
-Cobra front bumper
-94-95 cobra rear spoiler
-New windshield

As I said the car runs great and has a lot of potential to grow. The car has a very safe tune with a locked out max timing of 10 degrees and a rev limiter of 6,500 RPM. The car could easily be bumped way over 500 RWHP with the included pulley or upping the timing, I would not recommend that however on the stock internals. The current power level is very safe with no detonation. I always use 100 octane race days however just to be extra safe against pinging. Car is tuned for 96 octane. Car is ready to go to the track and could probably run mid 11s with a better driver and some suspension tuning. Car comes with all stock parts, as well as bins and bins of extra parts for motor, drivetrain, etc. Everything you need to keep the car going for a long long time.

I am in no rush to sell, only selling because I do not race as much as I used to and now that my kids are growing old enough I want to get a ski boat. Please no low ball offers, I put the price I want and will not go lower or part the car out, I am not desperate or in any rush to sell. Test drives are with CASH IN HAND only, please don’t waste our time.

Asking price $7,500. I have spend far more that twice that amount building it and will keep the car forever if I cant get what I want for it. Thanks for looking.

Call 510-648-7298 for more details. Thanks for looking.

[ June 22, 2011, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: sn4bwc ]

sn4bwc
¯
Member # 8035

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sn4bwc  Ford pictures for sn4bwc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TTT
SAV650HAB
¯
Member # 10324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV650HAB  Ford pictures for SAV650HAB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice car [patriot] GLWTS"

[ June 14, 2011, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: SAV650HAB ]

--------------------
SAVAGE HABITS 'CAR CLUB' VP 650/510/707/209
NOR-CAL KINGZ....... YAH 2 CHAINZ!!!!!!
"WE OUT HERE" 7th ST....STEP IT UP A NOTCH
88 coupe FTW!

Posts: 5091 | From: SHOREVIEW E.S SAN MATEO | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
sn4bwc
¯
Member # 8035

Thanks man. I appriciate it. I know it is a tough market right now so I am not holding my breath. If anyone has a ski boat worth around 8 grand I would consider a trade.
sn4bwc
¯
Member # 8035

Thanks man. I appriciate it. I know it is a tough market right now so I am not holding my breath. If anyone has a ski boat worth around 8 grand I would consider a trade.
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TTT for a nice car and a good guy. Good seller to work with.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

sn4bwc
¯
Member # 8035

Thanks man, I appriciate it.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com