Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » WTB: 4.6 Engine, Transmission and Rear End

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WTB: 4.6 Engine, Transmission and Rear End
matchinthebox
¯
Member # 10585

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for matchinthebox  Ford pictures for matchinthebox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking to acquire the following for a FactoryFive kit I'm building...

- SOHC 24 Valve 4.6L
- TR-3650 w/ Bell, clutch, everything...
- 8.8 Rear-End w/ Disc Brakes & 3.55 gearing

I'd like to keep the mileage 60k miles, but will consider higher mileage, or alternative transmissions, if the price is right.

As for price I'm willing to pay, I'm open to your opening offer. I'm trying to keep this a "inexpensive" project, so I'm not looking for premium used parts. [Smile]

If you can deliver the parts to Livermore, that would be totally awesome and I'll compensate you for the delivery. My alternative is a uhaul truck, while it's an equally acceptable solution, it's just extra $$ I'd rather give to someone else.

Send me a PM or reply here if you're selling something.

[ January 18, 2011, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: matchinthebox ]

matchinthebox
¯
Member # 10585

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for matchinthebox  Ford pictures for matchinthebox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Slight edit...

I'll consider a DOHC engine, if it includes the wire harness and ECU. I originally discounted it due to the price, trying to keep this project costs down as much as I can. [Smile]

For the rear axle, I can't use an IRS it needs to be a solid axle. 3.55 seems tough to find, so let's open it up to anything with Disc brakes. 4.10 would be my next best option.

I bought a transmission today, but will consider a complete engine/trans setup if the price is right

Thanks!
Matt

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Define "inexpensive".

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
matchinthebox
¯
Member # 10585

Well, I don't consider myself cheap, I'm willing to pay a fair price for whatever you have to offer.

Ideally, I'd like to spend around $800-1500 on a motor, and around $300 on a rear axle. I'll spend more if needed, but only if the deal merits it.

FSTRDNU
SVO's and XR4Ti's
Member # 12

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FSTRDNU  Ford pictures for FSTRDNU    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Inexpensive: http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/orderakit.html
...without a drivetrain.

--------------------
Drifting is to motorsports like rap is to music. Sure, people do it. But only the stupid people.

Posts: 479 | From: Bay Area CA USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com