Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » WTB: Mufflers to pass smog

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WTB: Mufflers to pass smog
cheap89drop
¯
Member # 9009

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap89drop  Ford pictures for cheap89drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im looking for 2 mufflers for my 89 lx Im trying to put back to stock to pass smog !

Thanks [Razz]

[ March 19, 2009, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: cheap89drop ]

Posts: 33 | From: Rohnert Park Ca | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think your mufflers will affect ur emissions output. They are mostly for sound I have passed smog with race bullets which are straight through so............

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
erik89gt
¯
Member # 7364

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for erik89gt  Ford pictures for erik89gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
50 Deep is right, they don't affect the emissions output nor will they make you fail the visual. They only affect the sound. I even passed smog with just straight pipes (no mufflers) welded in on my old 89 GT, it was loud as hell for the 3000 rpm part of the test but the shop didn't seem to care.

--------------------
Oxford White 2001 Cobra
Black 1998 Cobra Coupe - Sold
Black 1991 LX 5.0 Coupe - Sold
Black 1989 GT - Sold

Copello
¯
Member # 1534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copello  Ford pictures for Copello    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5.0s actually came with cats and no mufflers. Stock. Not in California but in Michigan. [Big Grin]

--------------------
91 GT
73 RS Camaro

Posts: 1309 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
JBeezy53
CAFords OG
Member # 3960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBeezy53  Ford pictures for JBeezy53    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
I don't think your mufflers will affect ur emissions output. They are mostly for sound I have passed smog with race bullets which are straight through so............

I have ran race bullets that are dumped a couple times and have not had any problems.

--------------------
89 Gt
98 Cobra
88 Notch
05 GSXR 750 Blk/Yel

Posts: 1782 | From: Sacramento, Ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
1965FALCOON
¯
Member # 8773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1965FALCOON  Ford pictures for 1965FALCOON    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I AM A SMOG TECH AND OWN MY OWN TEST ONLY SHOP AND ALL OF YOU ARE RIGHT MUFFLERS WILL HAVE NO EFFECT ON THE SMOG BUT SOME LIMP DICK BASTARDS WONT GET UNDER THE CAR TO PUT THE PROBE IN THE TAILPIPE THEY SAY THEY CANT BREATHE UNDER THERE AND ITS NOT SAFE ALSO FROM THE LEGAL SIDE THEY CAN ACTUALLY FAIL YOUR CAR IF IT DOES NOT HAVE TAILPIPES AND BEFORE YOU GET ALL PISSED OFF IT IS A RULE BUT IT IS NOT USUALLY ENFORCED AND THE REASON BEING THAT I WAS TOLD IS THAT WITH NO TAILPIPES IT CHANGES THE AMOUNT OF BACK PRESSURE IN THE EXHAUST AND CAN CAUSE LESS FLOW FROM THE EGR IN MY EXPERIENCE I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CAR WITH TAILPIPES AND ONE WITHOUT GOOD LUCK [burnout]
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As long as you have all 4 cats you shouldn't have any problems.Good Luck with it......

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com