Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » 1988 GT (NO LONGER FOR SALE - 2 many flakes/issues) (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 1988 GT (NO LONGER FOR SALE - 2 many flakes/issues)
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nate, why don't you make it right and send Casey the $2-300 is cost him to waste his time with you???? That seems the only fair thing top do or do you not care about other people's money who wasted on your bad deal....

[ July 15, 2008, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: jordan_0806 ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Casey90GT:
I'd probably get my ass kicked riding BART with an Xbox, a Wheel, and a bunch of games. [Big Grin]

Hmmmmmmmmmmm what time you gonna be riding BART, kiddo?

LOL

Im just playin.

tee hee j/k.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like I said from the gate. I understand your position and was apologetic. I really didnt intend this to become some forum drama. But I deserve the scrutiny I guess.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:
Nate, why don't you make it right and send Casey the $2-300 is cost him to waste his time with you???? That seems the only fair thing top do or do you not care about other people's money who wasted on your bad deal....

I can all but guarantee I would not do that. But I was willing to refund the carfax, and if push came to shove his gas. Though I would imagine a buddy would shoot that back to him.
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So no deal?

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Posts: 1064 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

I can all but guarantee I would not do that. But I was willing to refund the carfax, and if push came to shove his gas. Though I would imagine a buddy would shoot that back to him.
oh...ok...so now you know ALL the facts and still don't want to make it right?....glad YOU can sleep at night knowing that you cost someone money and time all the while you have extra deposit money laying around too.....karma is a bitch!!

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

514 Mullet
¯
Member # 7402

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 514 Mullet  Ford pictures for 514 Mullet    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So whats the price of the car now Nate? Im really interested in buying a GT right now.
Posts: 215 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2007  |  :
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no deal?

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

oh...ok...so now you know ALL the facts and still don't want to make it right?....glad YOU can sleep at night knowing that you cost someone money and time all the while you have extra deposit money laying around too.....karma is a bitch!!
hahahaha, man there is always one person that goes extreme. But I will accept your opinion as I opened myself up for that.

And for the record I will end up giving the dude back his money more than likely. I do not want anything attached to me on this one.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

but still no deal, huh?

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

I asked as nicely as I could. Despite the fact that it's probably the only right thing to do here. Say the word and I will be on a bus with your cash and your XBox tomorrow afternoon. You can be done with the headaches, and nobody can say sh!t about it.

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Casey90GT:
I asked as nicely as I could. Despite the fact that it's probably the only right thing to do here. Say the word and I will be on a bus with your cash and your XBox tomorrow afternoon. You can be done with the headaches, and nobody can say sh!t about it.

Man, you must really want that car brother.

1FAST89GT has a black on black 91 LX with a clean title on here for 2600/best offer. I would try to work a deal out for that.

--------------------

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't have tried to sell it in the first place. The market for these right now is so shitty and you have a clean ride with oem black interior. I wish I had $2k I'd have bought it when you first posted the crack head price.

Now the thing with a counter offer,...to each their own. Its like abortion, some people say fuckit and some say karma is a bitch. Who am I to judge.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

I am going to go with my gut right now and let this offer pass me by. Partly because I feel you tried to threaten me into selling it. I am looking past the angry accusations and what have you as I think you are justified there. But to threaten me is where I just kinda lose sight of the true purpose of this whole thing. Like Dan posted there is one for sale as clean if not cleaner than mine and you can still put the loan to good use for. I mean I seriously want to sell it, but that whole thing just put me in a bad mood. So I feel it is best we tear it off here. And leave cool and all. I can only be respectful and cordial for so long.

Like J said, I should just sit on it and fix whatever little problems there are and sell it when the climate is better for foxes.

Drama is so much better when it is on other peoples door step [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ July 15, 2008, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

514 Mullet
¯
Member # 7402

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 514 Mullet  Ford pictures for 514 Mullet    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why didnt you answer my question about a price if you want to sell it?
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by 514 Mullet:

He is asking 2500 in his original ad. I am sure he would take that. The car is worth it and we all know that.

Black interior, clean title 5 speed car that runs on ponies??

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:

I had it at 2.5k before this debacle. but I know the car could pull more, and since the urgency has passed, not to mention I am bit pissed off. I will more than likely just sit on it and eat the storage charge.

[ July 15, 2008, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

514 Mullet
¯
Member # 7402

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:

He is asking 2500 in his original ad. I am sure he would take that. The car is worth it and we all know that.

Worth is relative. And the price dropped down quite a bit after it didnt sell for a month. I think the owner can handle this. Unless your buying it for $2500 because its worth much more. If thats the case dont let me get in the way.
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I am going to go with my gut right now and let this offer pass me by. Partly because I feel you tried to threaten me into selling it. I am looking past the angry accusations and what have you as I think you are justified there. But to threaten me is where I just kinda lose sight of the true purpose of this whole thing. Like Dan posted there is one for sale as clean if not cleaner than mine and you can still put the loan to good use for. I mean I seriously want to sell it, but that whole thing just put me in a bad mood. So I feel it is best we tear it off here. And leave cool and all. I can only be respectful and cordial for so long.

Like J said, I should just sit on it and fix whatever little problems there are and sell it when the climate is better for foxes.

Drama is so much better when it is on other peoples door step [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]

dude...he didn't threaten you're just trying find a bitch way out of fucking up on a deal....

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
quote:
quote:

Worth is relative. And the price dropped down quite a bit after it didnt sell for a month. I think the owner can handle this. Unless your buying it for $2500 because its worth much more. If thats the case dont let me get in the way.
Everything is RELATIVE if you want to get into semantics, however, we can discuss that over PM if need be.

I am sure the seller can handle this as well. No need to be crass, I was merely trying to aid.

I have no plans on buying the car at all.

Don't let me stop you.

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

dude...he didn't threaten you're just trying find a bitch way out of fucking up on a deal....
Wait so you are arguing with him and me now. He acknowledged the threat and you are going to say he did not? You act like you had some stake in this deal. Why are so passionate about it? I am sue my phone number is in this thread some where. If you feel that deeply about it. Holla at me about it. I can take the rhetoric, but when you get disrespectful about it. I feel it is better addressed with a conversation.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
quote:

Dan I thank you for the support. But yea mullet, I was trying to give a playa price to my fellow ford brethren. And the price drop was because I was going on vacation and would have loved to have some extra cash. But by no means did I "have" to sell it.
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dan I thank you for the support. But yea mullet, I was trying to give a playa price to my fellow ford brethren. And the price drop was because I was going on vacation and would have loved to have some extra cash. But by no means did I "have" to sell it.
Just to clarify, I think that this is unfortunate for both sides of the coin.

I support both of you. Casey I support by trying to show other examples of good deals on fox bodies, and you I support by stating that no one else will pay your bills and if you need the extra cash, you need it. Period. You have the right not to sell.

Good luck.

Id like to see Casey with the car, going forward and you happy with the purchase price, but I am not Ghandi.

--------------------

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
He acknowledged the threat and you are going to say he did not? You act like you had some stake in this deal. Why are so passionate about it? I am sue my phone number is in this thread some where. If you feel that deeply about it. Holla at me about it. I can take the rhetoric, but when you get disrespectful about it. I feel it is better addressed with a conversation.

I didn't acknowledge it, if you read back on page three I said that I "wasn't" threatening you and that what I said may have been an idle threat, but it was never my intention to take anyone to court.

I was upset last night when I hung up the phone with you, but I was cool, but then I slept on it, and I woke up this morning thinking "we had a deal in writing...that's a legally binding contract, and in reliance upon that written contract I incurred real cost, thus creating a loss to which I would be entitled reimbursement in a court of law". Would it be worth my while to sue somebody over $300? Absolutely not, but I felt it was a raw enough deal to let some other people know about.

So now I have offended you to the point that my money is no longer green enough to buy your car, and I respect that, but don't put words in my mouth. And don't you threaten me by saying that you have been cordial as long as you can, but your patience with me is running out. What are you going to do about it? Tell me off? Go for it!

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

We will agree to disagree. And will leave it at that. Ok lets put this shit to bed right now. I have already owned up to where I think I wronged you. I didn't sell you the car. I made my offers to rectify things and you passed on them. You made your offer and I passed. We have both obviously offended each other. So I suggest we let that pass as well.

Now as far as anything else goes I am sick and tired of playing this little cat and mouse crap with innuendos and such. You have my number and know where to find find me. If you have anything further to say, demonstrate or whatever. Take it there. I am 100% man about mine. And I prefer my threats in a more personal setting. Believe me if I wanted to threaten you or get at you, I would definitely not do it in this manner. I would respect you like a man and be upfront and personal about it. So let's either escalate things or let it go. I personally vote for the latter as it is not that serious to me. And it sounds like it isn't that serious to you. But if you really want to take it somewhere else I wont stop you from doing that either. But just be upfront about it. I try to respect everyone here. But now I think you are being just a bit too disrespectful for my taste. And too much can get lost in translation by way of internet.

Some one close this damn thread. My apology thread is in general talk.

[ July 15, 2008, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com