Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » 1988 GT (NO LONGER FOR SALE - 2 many flakes/issues) (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 1988 GT (NO LONGER FOR SALE - 2 many flakes/issues)
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats the dope fien price of the beauty. lol

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have it at dope fiend 2k or PS3/XBOX + games and cash. So far I have a deal in the works [Big Grin]

Sad day when you see all these cars that are looking great for cheap and they still don't move.

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
can u post new pics of interior and exterior
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have decided to store the car. The last flake, not only cost me a sale but made me look bad in the process.
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I have decided to store the car. The last flake, not only cost me a sale but made me look bad in the process.

bro im so close to what u want if u decide to sale id at least like to c it anyways sry to hear that
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My grandma used to say, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". Maybe today made you realize that you don't actually want to sell your car?

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Posts: 1064 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TAKE THIS POST DOWN THEN ....

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Casey90GT:
My grandma used to say, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". Maybe today made you realize that you don't actually want to sell your car?

Actually I realized that trying to quick sale a car actually brings in more problems than necessary. I should have learned from the vert I sold a while back. Anyway, car no longer for sale.
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
f*** it then nate build that bitch into a steet monster, its already pretty, now make go super fast, j/k. like i told you it will all work out bro
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well N8, yesterday when I offered you $1600 + the Xbox, the wheel, and all the games you seemed pretty stoked about it. You said "We have a deal!" Hell, I can print the pm now...I could probably even take you to court over this and make you sell me your car, because there exists on an internet forum an offer made, in writing, and an acceptance of that offer, also in writing. But here's the rest of the story for everybody on CAFORDS who's feeling sorry for you right now.

After N8 tells me we have a deal, I carfax the car ($25), go to the bank and get a little unsecured loan for the $1600 (which cost me $144 with 9% interest for one year charged out as a flat fee for the loan), and fill up my boys truck with diesel so that he can drive me to get the car ($50). At this point I have a total of $219 invested in getting this car. Then, out of the blue, N8 calls me to say that I need to come up with another $250, because somebody just called and offered more. Well, I tell N8 where to go, because we had a deal! Then mysteriously that deal doesn't happen for N8. Maybe it didn't happen, because I didn't counter with a higher price. Maybe N8 thought that since I sounded so excited on the phone that he could swindle another couple hundred dollars out of me after he said we had a deal. In fact, I'm almost certain that's what happened, because after I asked if the dude flaked on him (N8 said yes), I offered my original deal back to N8 and he said he didn't want to sell the car anymore.

Well N8, the offer that you told me you would take for the car yesterday still stands. I can come down with the money and the video game system to your work in San Ramon tomorrow and you won't have to deal with anymore flakes. Strangely though, I don't think that you will accept. But now everybody on CAFORDS knows how you deal.

Oh and for what it's worth, when we talked yesterday evening, that was before I went back to the bank. I tried to pay the $1600 that I took out back to my loan and found out that I owed another $144, because the type of loan it was charged the interest up front. I guess it's my own fault for not reading the information, but what can I say, I thought I was getting a car yesterday!

[ July 15, 2008, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nate, that's kinda weak man, if they guy took out a loan, fueled a friends vehicle etc, sell him the car. Or give him the other guys down payment and let him pay the interest/fuel and the money back to the bank?

[ July 15, 2008, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ok wait a minute. I didn't get past like the first paragraph of your post because it almost seems like you are threatening me.

Please tell me that isn't so, before we go any further. Feel free to call me if you like. I have already apologized and acknowledged who the flake was. Plus there were flakes before you. So in no way was my post a charge towards you. But I really do not respond well to threats, even idle ones. So before this goes way out into left field I want to make sure we are on the same page.

I told him I would refund his carfax. The fuel I am sure his buddy would give back. The loan charge I will not cover that. I did call him prior to him coming out to let him know of the situation. I let him know that he could come on out and see if the car is worth matching the other guys offer. He said he did not want to pay that much and we said cool. And let it go.

I really do not feel I am obligated to sell my car to anyone. But I do realize that he spent money and I do feel bad for backing out. So I feel on my end I am doing what I can to right it. And I don't think that is a obligation either. But I will do what I feel is right.

Also for the record, I had no idea the gentleman took out a loan. I think this was the buyer who told me he was selling his VW to make the purchase. But even that shouldn't matter at least on my end where the money comes from. I did give him first shot at the car, if he deemed it was worth the better offer to him.

[ July 15, 2008, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

No...I'm not threatening you...yeah, maybe it's an idle threat, but I don't intend to follow through. I just want you to realize the gravity of making an offer and acceptance in writing. It's kinda bs...I know you want to make your money, but you SAID you'd take mine first, and didn't give me an opportunity to flake.

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Casey seriously, man like I said on the phone. I normally do not get down like that, plus that has never happened to me when I had 2 buyers at the same time and basically had to ask a buyer if he would like to match. But I did give you the first right of refusal and you chose to refuse. And I did apologize to you. And it sounded like we were cool about the whole thing.

And before everyone jumps on board, check out my apology thread in the general talk section. It explains the whole thing. PLus apologizes (Again) to Casey.

I am not even sure why I am going through these motions. I am sure Dave50 will come in and sum things up nicely....lol

[ July 15, 2008, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

I just read your public apology. You're right...you don't have to do that. You could have said f'u to me too. Honestly though, the way I feel, you might as well have said f'u to me too, because you wasted the majority of my day, cost me money and now, despite the fact that yesterday you liked my offer just fine, you'd rather pay a monthly bill than sell the car for an amount that you already agreed to.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. Are you still waiting for me to match the other guys offer, even though he is a flake, and the offer was probably just a bogus ploy to get me to lay down more cash? I agree that in this economy you have to do what is right for the bottom line, but what pisses me off about this is that people don't put any value in their "Word" anymore.

Your "Word" doesn't mean sh!t N8, because you made a deal in writing, finalized it on the phone and then you backed out. Honestly, I think I'd take the word of the guy who flaked on you before I'd take yours at this point, because at least he's willing to put money behind it.

Keep the $25...getting to call you amongst your peers makes me feel better than $25 ever could!

[ July 15, 2008, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ok wait one more minute. Let me again clarify something. I did offer you to meet me in San Ramon. And you said that would not be feasible. Then you countered with me bringing the car to you. And I said that would not be feasible as the closest I get to you is San Ramon. And I am rejecting your offer because it came on the tail end of a threat and in this post. Not a phone call or nothing along those lines. If you had posed the offer personally or took it up when we chatted that would be different. While I agree the situation is not a tasteful one. I still think I have done more than a lot of people would have done to rectify it. I communicated, gave you chance to counter, apologized, offered another way a deal can be made, apologized again, offered to replace the $$ lost for carfax, apologized again and in the end you choose to threaten me. Then take it as far as you calling me out? Come on man. For one you are not calling me out in any form in my opinion. After all I laid it all out there prior to you so called calling me out. Actually I am glad you are airing your side. So again no calling me out here. My goal is to not leave it bitter.
514 Mullet
¯
Member # 7402

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 514 Mullet  Ford pictures for 514 Mullet    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
According to your own account of what happened it seems pretty easy to make it right. Sell the car to the guy you made a deal with. A mans only as good as his word.
Posts: 215 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2007  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 514 Mullet:
According to your own account of what happened it seems pretty easy to make it right. Sell the car to the guy you made a deal with. A mans only as good as his word.

Nope I will not now. I refuse to be punked into doing anything. I agreed to sell him the car. Then someone came with a better offer. That is the true meaning of o.b.o. which is what the car was being sold as. I called and communicated this to him. Gave him the option to still come out and see if the car is worth a match of offers to him. He said no. He called back and countered anyway, with a offer that was not on par with the other offer (which I disclosed what it was). So we greed to part ways. I guess I bought the scrutiny on myself but it is cool. I think I am doing/did above and beyond to patch it over. Not to mention I made the offer to him yesterday on the phone that he is making now in his threat. So you see even after all was said and done, he still could have bought the car for his offer. Not knocking him for choosing not to as that is his right. Just pointing out that the communication was there.

[ July 15, 2008, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmm, let's look at it like this:

Casey, don't get mad, it is a beautiful car but there are many 5.0 mustangs outhere and in the bay area. Just wait and one will come.

N8, be careful when you sell your car, why don't you just tell people what you really want. For example, just cash in hand and let me see it and then you can test drive/buy it. Also, why don't you post it on Ebay/Autotrader and let the whole nation know about it?

People will trow you a million deals. I know cause I sold a 5.0 about 7 months back and that was all I got. Just remember that a business deal is important. Hell, the guy that bought my car came from Alaska!!! [Eek!]

Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Well thats the thing. The dope fiend price was only for CaFords. It was posted no where else. Thats how I know the flaker is a member here. I disclosed the full thing upfront. Even the O.B.O part. I thought that meant "or best offer". But Casey he is right. 50's are a dime a dozen right now. You should have no problem using that loan of your for another car. Plus you have 50 bucks taxi credit with your friend.
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

I'm not trying to punk you and I'm not trying to threaten you...I slept on it last night, and came to the realization that it was a pretty raw deal that you handed me, that's why I'm on here right now. I don't want to leave here bitter either.

As far as you offering me a deal, I told you that I couldn't come out today because I am working, and offered you an extra $100 if you could bring it out. You're response was "The closest I get to you on any given day is San Ramon, but even then I would be stuck [Razz] . I figure I just missed the boat on a sale, no biggie."

I figured that was you're way of telling me "NO DEAL". My window of opportunity to come and get the car in Stockton was over yesterday evening. I felt like it was you who was trying to punk me...trying to get me to lay down more than our agreed price. I'm not trying to force you into anything N8. I really want to buy your car from you for the price we agreed on. Say the word and I will be in San Ramon tomorrow afternoon with $1600 and your Xbox. Everybody will be happy, your word will be your word, and you won't be paying another monthly bill. There is no way that I can get a ride all the way to Stockton, so San Ramon is the best I can do...I'm gonna have to take BART as it is.

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

I'm seriously not trying to be an a$$hole, and I got a little heated and typed some things on here that were probably a little bit meaner than I should have, but N8, I'm sure in a way you can realize where I'm coming from.

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

I'd probably get my ass kicked riding BART with an Xbox, a Wheel, and a bunch of games. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Well thats the thing. The dope fiend price was only for CaFords. It was posted no where else. Thats how I know the flaker is a member here. I disclosed the full thing upfront. Even the O.B.O part. I thought that meant "or best offer". But Casey he is right. 50's are a dime a dozen right now. You should have no problem using that loan of your for another car. Plus you have 50 bucks taxi credit with your friend.

for the record...like 4 days ago after looking for a 4 door accord we find one for 2k posted at 502 pm....i call at 504 and offer full price(mind you the blue book is 5k and she had people on the way already)so i drive 85 all the way to pleasanton and when i get there her phones going crazy and she tells me she has an offer for 2300 after she said shel take the full 2k....we drive it and buy it on the spot for 2300...as others are showing up and calling....poin t is....anybody on the board would wait for a higher offer....and other point if you really think the car is a good deal buy it

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com