Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » f/s: 1989 coupe 5.0 5spd (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: f/s: 1989 coupe 5.0 5spd
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SPEC -Fabrication:
YES they could have pulled a plug and let the water shoot out, But That shouldnt apply when you here the motor run,Then the OLD owner just pulled the intake

YOU SAID IT THERE. TAKE HIM TO COURT, HE HAS THIS AS PROOF AS WHAT HE COULD HAVE DONE. You/he had the car for 2 weeks after it left Lee, the new owner didn't take the precautions he should have and now is stuck. LIVE AND LEARN.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMAO you are a fucking idiot.

You mean to tell me you fired it up knowing that there was water in it that you "vacuumed".

Wow! [Eek!]

You win the Darwin award.

If you knew anything about cars as you claim you would have been smart enough to remove the spark plugs and turn the car over.

I bet you even left the same oil in it.

Sounds like you were cutting corners to make the car run and fucked yourself.

It's a $100 dollar short block rack it up as lesson learned dumb ass.

Oh poor me I should blame everyone else for not removing an intake with draining the water boo hoo hooo....

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPEC -Fabrication  Ford pictures for SPEC -Fabrication    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by SPEC -Fabrication:
YES they could have pulled a plug and let the water shoot out, But That shouldnt apply when you here the motor run,Then the OLD owner just pulled the intake

YOU SAID IT THERE. TAKE HIM TO COURT, HE HAS THIS AS PROOF AS WHAT HE COULD HAVE DONE. You/he had the car for 2 weeks after it left Lee, the new owner didn't take the precautions he should have and now is stuck. LIVE AND LEARN.
I guess this is how you do buisness TOO [Roll Eyes]

[ December 06, 2006, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: SPEC -Fabrication ]

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

Posts: 1321 | From: drinkin BEER! | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:

You mean to tell me you fired it up knowing that there was water in it that you "vacuumed".

Wow! [Eek!]

If you knew anything about cars as you claim you would have been smart enough to remove the spark plugs and turn the car over.

Oh poor me I should blame everyone else for not removing an intake with draining the water boo hoo hooo....

[Eek!] [patriot] [Eek!]

--------------------

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Wow! [Eek!]

listen u fukkin punk bitch nobody cares what u think-you are a punk.
if the intake was removed properly none of this would have happened. if i take a long good standing members word for what he has done i should not have to do anything but simply intall the intake. he did not remove it correctly=damage. its fairly simple. the car would not have been purchased if the new buyer thought the motor was going to have to be overhauled before he could even install a fukkin intake.

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
woo hoo I'm a punk bitch....

Here's a rag....clean your self off.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

woo hoo i have nothing to say to u
SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPEC -Fabrication  Ford pictures for SPEC -Fabrication    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1FAST89GT:
if the intake was removed properly none of this would have happened. if i take a long good standing members word for what he has done i should not have to do anything but simply intall the intake. he did not remove it correctly=damage.

[patriot]

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

but i noticed your smart mouth ass had nothing to say about the rest of that post
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

quote:
quote:

Because you know I'm right gutter boy.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

quote:
quote:
quote:

Because you know I'm right gutter boy.
what the fukk is gutter boy supposed to imply?
u are not right i am right.
if want to see me about something i have no problem with sending u a pm with any info u would like.
you are just siding with someone u know and u do no know the rest of the story

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Actually I have talked to Lee ZERO about this.

Ok you buy car u see it running runs coo so you say I want it.

Lee says I want to keep this and this you say ok.

Lee removes parts. Not to your liking because he leaves coolant.

You turn around take possession of the car.

You notice WATER. Say hey maybe I should vacuum some out but fail to think hey well if there is water in the closed ports maybe I should spin the motor with the plugs off just in case there is water in the cylinder.

Fast forward to later you throw intake on fire it up and it goes then locks up because more than likely a rod or two are bent.

Now you are upset because the motor is fucked and want to blame lee for being in a hurry and not draining the coolant.

If it was me I would have just had a little more intution and not just fired the car up because of something like this happening.

So is that the readers digest.

I really don't think there is much more to it.

-On the other hand it could be a problem with the intake install and it seaping water in the cylinders.-

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

quote:
Actually I have talked to Lee ZERO about this.

Ok you buy car u see it running runs coo so you say I want it.

Lee says I want to keep this and this you say ok.

Lee removes parts. Not to your liking because he leaves coolant.

You turn around take possession of the car.

You notice WATER. Say hey maybe I should vacuum some out but fail to think hey well if there is water in the closed ports maybe I should spin the motor with the plugs off just in case there is water in the cylinder.

Fast forward to later you throw intake on fire it up and it goes then locks up because more than likely a rod or two are bent.

Now you are upset because the motor is fucked and want to blame lee for being in a hurry and not draining the coolant.

If it was me I would have just had a little more intution and not just fired the car up because of something like this happening.

So is that the readers digest.

I really don't think there is much more to it.

-On the other hand it could be a problem with the intake install and it seaping water in the cylinders.-

You might be a cadet but Know where close to a detective!

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not taking sides, I dont know the buyer or seller.... I have pulled several intakes off over the years and have never seen enough water get into the intake port to hydrolock a motor. If it was water that caused the damage then I would think it came from somewhere other than manifold.... just my .02

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Well then explain what I missed?

edit....I'll read tomorrow on what your explanation of things is.

I'm off to have another whiskey sour and hitting sack I have work tomorrow.

[ December 06, 2006, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys all defend the seller, saying he showed the car running, then pulled off parts. You guys all vouch for this guy, so 1 would think, HE knows what he’s doing and remove parts correctly… So the new buyer could just put his/her parts on. And if the seller did not take off parts correctly, or just rushed it (who hasn’t at times?) why not tell the new buyer…” Hey, I just yanked the parts off, might want to double check, water went every where etc…” The buyer wouldn’t know that because of the sellers GOOD REPUTATION on this board, from what I read, and think he knew what he was doing, save the buyer a little time and put his/her parts on.

Also, car was kept in a garage from start to finish. I know this, because my car was put outside.

And don’t listen to hidnn.o.s. or Fostang “1 Shot 1 Kill
Is it really paranoia to carry 3 guns and 2 knives? Hell no I call it being prepared”. How GAY is that??? Seriously, if getting in the middle of this post like they did, doesn’t SCREAM BITCH, what does.

Anyway, just be happy the car wasn’t sold to 1FAST89GT.

--------------------
Asphalt Mafia: Founder.

I felt guilty once, but she woke up half way through it.

http://gotbluemilk.com/web050516/24/index.html

Posts: 815 | From: S.F. / SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Spec, i'm cool.. don't worry [Big Grin]
However, ok.. Let's contemplate the idea that lee is TOTALLY at fault.
you get an improperly gutted engine.. you notice that the coolant wasn't drained properly. and that there is an notable amount of water in the heads!!
Instead or calling Lee and complaining.. you acknowledge this problem and move on to fix the situation by vacuuming the water that was left..
I mean, you got the car, you had it for two weeks and you never called and complained? let's overlook that... I give you some credit. This should not have happened. this was your chance to say.. fuck it, this is not right, let me call lee and let him know what is up.
But no, you decided to continue with the installation.
You then proceeded not to change the oil or take any other preventive measures to ensure that it will not hydro-lock.
if you know about engines, you are right my knowledge is extremely limited-when it comes down to putting engines together, but even i know that you have to get all the water out of the block before you continue... which you shouldn't.. i agree with you. this is the last time to call lee!! not after you start the car and see that it doesn't work!
So.. you start the car and it doesn't work.
And now it's all Lees fault? IT might have been his fault for not removing the engine properly, but once you try to start fixing it and not do the necessary steps then the negligence falls on you..

So, on top of that, lee tries to give you a block or help you buy a block... but yet you don't want it. if you would have called him anytime before you started playing with the car and he said "screw you" then yes.. he'd be an a-hole and would have to be reprimended. However, once everythign was said and done, you called him and he tried to help you? ... that says it all. Lee is still a stand up guy in my book.

why are people so quick to start insulting each other?

[ December 06, 2006, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
why are people so quick to start insulting each other?

Because they know they're in the wrong so they start throwing around threats and names to get what they want.......

--------------------

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

You obviously don't know me so I suggest you go back to sucking on your mamas titty son.

[ December 07, 2006, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all this speculation. so many defendants but where is the seller?

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

oil was drained and plugs were pulled, lower intake was put on immediatly. i do not how anyone
else would be at fault like i said we saw some water but SOME water will still get out of the intake-gave the benefit of doubt. anyways he pulled the intake off fast and saw a shit load of water spill out and didn't mention it to me so i would do a little more investigating. whatever u guys think remeber there is two sides to the story. I vouched for lee whan my friend was thinking about buying the car. he would have never bought otherwise. all u guys think u know but u really don't.

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

anyways back to the post....

if anyone is interested in purchasing the whole car please let me know.

or my friend would be interested in trading for a stock/slight modified or needing minor repair 87-93 5-spd 5.0

let me know

87coupe510
¯
Member # 6150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87coupe510  Ford pictures for 87coupe510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would like to take a look at the car. Do you have any pictures? Or let meknow when you have time to show the car.

--------------------
RAIN OR SHINE I STAY SIDEWAYS IN MY STANG!!!!!!!!!!!
1993 Coupe "Stock" "It's Just Exhaust"

modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put a block in it! I will do the H/C/I Swap for around $400. Ill get it done in 5 days. I work too so...

Pulling and installing is included.

[ December 06, 2006, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: modular ]

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

quote:
Originally posted by 87coupe510:
I would like to take a look at the car. Do you have any pictures? Or let meknow when you have time to show the car.

shoot me a pm no pics right now

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com