Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » May 7th, Norcal GM vs Ford EFI Shootout

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: May 7th, Norcal GM vs Ford EFI Shootout
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drag Racing Forum Link

[ March 14, 2006, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: WHYT LIE ]

Posts: 113 | From: Lincoln, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any interest in this event yet?

Any thoughts/ideas on how to make this event even more fun or entertaining?

--------------------
WHYT LIE
'96 Camaro Z-28 (Artic White) hardtop 6-spd
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC
'02 Corvette Z06 (Quicksilver)
11.88 @ 121.6mph 1.97 60ft

1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1100hp  Ford pictures for 1100hp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would like to enter the event. What do I have to do to register? Are we going to be put into different classes at the track?

--------------------
"sure officer, it's stock".

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WHYT LIE:

I am intrested. I liked the idea of lining up the ford's and the chevy's the whole time. How many hour's is the track rented for? If there is time left when it is over maybe We could line up the paying competitor's in lanes with one being 13 second car's, another lane with 12 second car's, and aonther with 11 second cars, and so on, and so on. Then Line up the car's ford vs chevy like grudge type racing. Looking forward to it and hopefully it goes a little smoother this Year. Let's have a .500 tree for all the classes so everyone is on the same page this year if possible. [patriot]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1100hp  Ford pictures for 1100hp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can I just show up there, have my car inspected, and race. Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, i've never been in an event like this before. [Big Grin]

--------------------

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:
Originally posted by 1100hp:
I would like to enter the event. What do I have to do to register? Are we going to be put into different classes at the track?

Just show up at the track, (Gates should open at 8:00am) and racing should start at 10:00am. Racing is over at 5:00pm.

We learned from our mistakes last year. Fit into the class and you can race there. If you dominate the class, then good for you for setting your car up better then the other competitors.

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:
Originally posted by WHYT LIE:

I am intrested. I liked the idea of lining up the ford's and the chevy's the whole time. How many hour's is the track rented for? If there is time left when it is over maybe We could line up the paying competitor's in lanes with one being 13 second car's, another lane with 12 second car's, and aonther with 11 second cars, and so on, and so on. Then Line up the car's ford vs chevy like grudge type racing. Looking forward to it and hopefully it goes a little smoother this Year. Let's have a .500 tree for all the classes so everyone is on the same page this year if possible. [patriot]
The track is rented from 10:00am until 5:00pm, so 7 hours. We can get in around 8:00am and will hopefully start letting people through the gate at 8:00am to pit and get their cars ready.

As for after the racing. We can take a vote the day of and do as you suggest. Different lanes for different times, or just tell people to pair up and find someone to race/grudge against.

I think the .500 Sportsman tree (yellow, yellow, yellow, green) will be a good choice for ALL classes this year, except for OUTLAW. They will stay on the .400 Pro Tree.

Everything should go smoother this year as we have the entire track/venue to ourselves, with no other events surrounding us.

quote:
Originally posted by 1100hp:
Can I just show up there, have my car inspected, and race. Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, i've never been in an event like this before. [Big Grin]

Yes, if your car fits into the rules of one of the classes, just show up and wait in line at the gate. Pay your money and then get your car ready in the pits. Then we will call for tech inspection and you will get classified and teched.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Sounds like fun [Big Grin] See ya their. [patriot]

--------------------

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Don't let this event fall off the page folks. Should be fun for all.

Hope you can make it and have a good time.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

DA PO PO FOO
¯
Member # 1910

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for DA PO PO FOO  Ford pictures for DA PO PO FOO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im looking forward to it cant wait!

--------------------
Ford Diesel technician

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I probably won't make it, my new axles take two weeks to make and I just ordered them today, it'll be close but I doubt I'll be there.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com