Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » CaliforniaFords.com 4th Annual Car Show - June 25, 2005! (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: CaliforniaFords.com 4th Annual Car Show - June 25, 2005!
lightning89mg
¯
Member # 2673

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightning89mg  Ford pictures for lightning89mg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate you Craig!
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if i had a suggestion, which i hope goes through, move the show from 8-12 to 10-2pm instead. it's a PITA for some of us that live an hour or 2 away to get to hayward at 8am....that means, get up a 5am and get ready...not fun [Smile]

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by lightning89mg:
I hate you Craig!

Hey you got another shirt didnt you LOL
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
MoesGT
Member # 5792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoesGT  Ford pictures for MoesGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach0ne351:
if i had a suggestion, which i hope goes through, move the show from 8-12 to 10-2pm instead. it's a PITA for some of us that live an hour or 2 away to get to hayward at 8am....that means, get up a 5am and get ready...not fun [Smile]

marek

Yeah because I had to wake you up... You would of missed the show if I didn't knock on your door... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I'm a member of Norcal WildHorses. http://www.norcalwildhorses.com
To see pictures of my car and current mods, visit http://05gt.creations.net

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can say that again moe! stupid power outage!! i thank you for that brotha!

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
twas fun! 3-peat! thank you all for voting for me!!!!! much love!!!

marek

You know 4 looks better though. [Razz]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

marek

I agree, I had to get up way way early to get there. I a bit of a hual for the majority of us.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle Stop  Ford pictures for Throttle Stop  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For The hrottle Stop crew, we really appreciate the hard work that's put into these shows. Everyone that was involved for this year's deserves a hand.

Now, for suggestions. We'd also like to jump on the later in the day train. Since our shop s in Roseville, we had folks get up at 5 to be there to set up. A 10-2 or 3 would be just fine.

At the DVMA show in Antioch, they had the coolest award presentation I've seen. They had the winners drive their cars up so everyone could see what car won. I know that is a bigger show, but mabe add what car and the name of the owner to the winner's announcment. Makes it easier for us "newbies" to the crowd to ge to know each other.

There also needs to be more advertising. Yes, this is expensive, but putting posts on other Mustang sites wouldn't be too hard, or cost anything, other than time. Signage directing folks to the show would help, too. May garner some intrest from passer by's.

Other than those comments, congrats to all the winers.

Posts: 110 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys for putting it all together! HCI had a blast BS'ing with all ya'll.

I too have a suggestion...

Seems to me in the past few years there's been ever increasing members, yet the car shows/GTG's seem to be getting smaller each time. If I were to take a stab as to why that is I'd say it's the $35 entry fee to show off your ride. Most will agree that there's dead-ringers for winning certain classes.....I know a lot of people that simple can't justify spending that kind of money to show off their projects. I'd bet turnout would be 2-3 times what it was if the price was dropped to around $10 (with T-shirt). Obviously there's a lot of $$$ that goes into an event like this....so.....I'd suggest off-setting the price by having the sponsors pay more (plus, the lower the entry fee, the more cars that will enter which will off set some of the price reduction right there). I can't speak for the other sponsors, but the past 2 shows has been WELL worth the sponsorship price for HCI! & the more members that participate in the car show, the more buisness the sponsers will get off the event...

I believe there's a happy medium between sponsor price & entry fees that could easily double if not tripple the turnout. Win-win for everybody.

Oh....& I'm ALL FOR a 10-2pm show! (getting up before sunrise suck-diddly-uks!)

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with the above post. Lowering the entry fee and changing the time would benefit more members. I remember the Milpitas car show/cruise in 2003 had A LOT of cars. The parking lot was so full that cars were FORCED to park in a second area. Free entry went a long way that day. I paid the 35 dollars because I was more than willing to contribute to something I am grateful to be a part of (CAFords.com family). But the amount of cars who parked off-site bummed me out a little because many of them were very nice. Even if those members were not allowed to participate in the judging, they chould have been able to park in the lot for all to see. We had two parking lots full of beautiful mustangs and in my opinion, it should have been one. Still, it was a great day and I think if some minor changes are made to the upcoming events, the turnouts will return to their once massive numbers.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com