Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » grudge 10/15 first time out (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: grudge 10/15 first time out
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Took the yellow 67 out for its real first time down the 1320... this was also my first time down the track with real tires, 26-10.5 et streets. First run car dead hooked! but just past the 1/8 my intercooler manifold sleeve blew out spraying water all over my winshield, let out and coasted to a 11.7 at 111. Thought i fixed it went for a second time, same bullshit.. 11.6. 93.0mph! 3 rd time blew it at the launch... shitty night for the car but great night for watching some badass cars! Ratfast your car is my dream fox. Also i hear that some people wanna talk some shit behind my back... got a problem with me or my car i would love to hear it from your mouth. -Talon

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You weren't the only one having problems last night, only got one good run. We had fuel pump problems on Friday, had to install the spare pump, right before the track, funny thing is it came from your car when it had a twin turbos from the previous owner. I am the guy who offered to help push in the staging lanes.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haters gonna hate bro, fuck it.... From the pics I have seen it looks sick... The bugs will get worked out.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RACSIRX wish i had known that was you brotha. Car is so reliable never had a problem. Was just on the dyno day before. Oh well murphys law. Small world with the fuel pump.

--------------------
fast and cool shit

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool to see that car back out! 3 frends of mine have owned that car! Whats the combo these days?
Posts: 22474 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Yea car has been threw a couple different owners. Its almost 45 years old i wonder how many people have actually owned this car. It has a built 03 cobra motor/tko 750

--------------------
fast and cool shit

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't take peoples curiousity with car as talking shit......a lot of us have been under it in it etc....its been many peoples labor of love. I know 3 of the past owners.

I'm glad to see it out running.

What did the 1/8 mile times look like?

Car is surely a beast with over 600 to the wheels and light weight [Smile]

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wats up man, I was waiting to run u last night..seen u once and that was it [Confused]

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Dan dont know 60's 1/8 time or mph car kept breaking and never made it to the booth. [BS flag]

Phil bro i onlu saw you twice too many cars. How did you do? Still need my rematch! [Razz]

--------------------
fast and cool shit

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 65mustang408:
Dan dont know 60's 1/8 time or mph car kept breaking and never made it to the booth. [BS flag]

Phil bro i onlu saw you twice too many cars. How did you do? Still need my rematch! [Razz]

You'll get to race another day! [Smile]

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:

You'll get to race another day! [Smile]
Yea there where too many cars..End up running 11.3 @123 still Just exhaust and cold air..everyone kept coming up to me thinking I had put a cam in..

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you blew water and still ran 11's? lucky lol but bugs will go away down the line but who know if i can run at sac this wednesday with no hood and no overflow tank? lmk asap
Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

You need an overflow. Simple and cheap bud just need a bottle with a hose.

Damn phil thats healthy!

[ October 16, 2011, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: 65mustang408 ]

--------------------
fast and cool shit

ratfast
¯
Member # 8720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ratfast  Ford pictures for ratfast    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
65mustang408 - Thanks for the compliments. Your car is badass, plus it just sounds wicked. You'll get the bugs sorted out and the times will come.

racsirx - wish I would have got to meet you, as I still plan on picking up those gears for you.

93Pony - Nice to meet you. 22 degrees

Yellow94GT - Good to see you. Do I get an AED sticker if you welded my torque boxes? The lady at the ticket booth gave me crap all night. [Smile]

chicken coupe - bring your car out, it's always good to see some more notches

Again thanks to everyone I got to meet. The last run of the night I finally ran my neighbor in his '66 mustang with the lenco. It was my best pass of the night. 10.605 at 131.699 1.667 60 ft. Not bad for 91 octane

--------------------
'93 White notch all stock

Posts: 604 | From: roseville, california | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WickedStang  Ford pictures for WickedStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Again thanks to everyone I got to meet. The last run of the night I finally ran my neighbor in his '66 mustang with the lenco. It was my best pass of the night. 10.605 at 131.699 1.667 60 ft. Not bad for 91 octane

BAD A$$ notch, hella of a driver also.
[worship]

--------------------
04 mach1 BASSANI EXHAUST/C&L INTAKE
67STANG/CHP 347/BUILT C4/MOROSO DRAG SUSP.

Posts: 1581 | From: salinas831 | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I met/saw quite a few members out racing last night. The place was packed!
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
ratfast
¯
Member # 8720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ratfast  Ford pictures for ratfast    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WickedStang:
quote:

[worship]

Thanks for the props. I just gotta make sure I always make that 4th to 5th gear change smoothly if I want a good pass. Amazingly the stock shifter that came with the T56 works pretty good.

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ratfast:
quote:
quote:

[worship]

Thanks for the props. I just gotta make sure I always make that 4th to 5th gear change smoothly if I want a good pass. Amazingly the stock shifter that came with the T56 works pretty good.
Nice talking to you Joe! Glad to see your best run of the night was against your buddy! What did he end up running?

Oh, and of course you can have stickers. [Wink] [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Took the yellow 67 out for its real first time down the 1320... this was also my first time down the track with real tires, 26-10.5 et streets. First run car dead hooked! but just past the 1/8 my intercooler manifold sleeve blew out spraying water all over my winshield, let out and coasted to a 11.7 at 111. Thought i fixed it went for a second time, same bullshit.. 11.6. 93.0mph! 3 rd time blew it at the launch... shitty night for the car but great night for watching some badass cars! Ratfast your car is my dream fox. Also i hear that some people wanna talk some shit behind my back... got a problem with me or my car i would love to hear it from your mouth. -Talon

Great job Talon. I'm happy to see that car finally going down the track. Do sweat the little bugs. Every fresh combo is bound to have something like that happen. Every part failure is just a chance to upgrade! [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
I met/saw quite a few members out racing last night. The place was packed!

yupp thing moves for all stock

--------------------
REDLINE MOTORSPORTS CC EST 2011
1993 CHP sold
2004 mach 1 408 Windsor n20 fed
R.I.P. JORGE GUTIERREZ JR
6/13/1982- 11/05/2013

Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

nice night and great numbers out of a car having problems!! there were som e badass cras out there!!! over all most crackin grudge i have been to!!

ALSO to the chumps talkin shit bout talon and his car behind hisback like a bitch come forward spit it out your faget ass mouth and be a man!!

dont hate cause he has a badass 67 notch you could never build!!LOVE YOUR CAR TALON KEEP it up once i build a lil motor [Wink] [Wink] ill be out at the track also!!

[patriot] [patriot] [Big Grin]

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
ratfast
¯
Member # 8720

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[worship]

Nice talking to you Joe! Glad to see your best run of the night was against your buddy! What did he end up running?

Oh, and of course you can have stickers. [Wink]

Brandon w/ the '66 Mustang went 10.79 at 125. On the last pass he got the car to hook, but bogged the motor a little. He should be back with some quicker passes once he gets the new combo sorted out.

[burnout]

[ October 16, 2011, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: ratfast ]

--------------------

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

quote:
Originally posted by 1RaW93SvT:
quote:

nice night and great numbers out of a car having problems!! there were som e badass cras out there!!! over all most crackin grudge i have been to!!

ALSO to the chumps talkin shit bout talon and his car behind hisback like a bitch come forward spit it out your faget ass mouth and be a man!!

dont hate cause he has a badass 67 notch you could never build!!LOVE YOUR CAR TALON KEEP it up once i build a lil motor [Wink] [Wink] ill be out at the track also!!

[patriot] [patriot] [Big Grin]

lol dont need help bud but thanks brotha!

--------------------
fast and cool shit

SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck that terminated old school.... Shits whack.........................

I'll gladly give it a loving home [Smile]

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
65mustang408 - Thanks for the compliments. Your car is badass, plus it just sounds wicked. You'll get the bugs sorted out and the times will come.

racsirx - wish I would have got to meet you, as I still plan on picking up those gears for you.

93Pony - Nice to meet you. 22 degrees

Yellow94GT - Good to see you. Do I get an AED sticker if you welded my torque boxes? The lady at the ticket booth gave me crap all night. [Smile]

chicken coupe - bring your car out, it's always good to see some more notches

Thanks about the gears, I just picked up some 3:25 gears, you know anybody who needs some 3:89 gears for a 9"?

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com