Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Another new best!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Another new best!
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Went to the track today and one my second pass I accomplished what I was trying to get done today.

10.79 and a 1.4XX 60ft on 18" DR's!!!

The pass was a 10.79 @ 123.3 (MPH was low becuase the car cut out in 4th gear for some reason [Confused] ), with a 1.48 60ft!!! This HAS to be some sort of record. At least I hope it is. [Big Grin]

I guess because it cut out in 4th I'm going to have to go back another day and see what it can really do on a clean pass! [Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who needs slicks and skinnies with those 60ft's. [patriot] Good job Drew, you keep raising the bar each time you're out there. 1.48 is ridiculous.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was there today and congrats. too bad that car flipped. 3 runs is all i got.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good job drew.im gonna keep my mustang now.can you get some good n/a 32 valve cams at a good price.if so pm me.i will be spraying from time to time.also dont care about the idle the lumpier the better.i just need the parts ill install them myself.once again congrats on the new best.im gonna have to get out there next time.i wanna see you get the mph. [patriot]
Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
Who needs slicks and skinnies with those 60ft's. [patriot] Good job Drew, you keep raising the bar each time you're out there. 1.48 is ridiculous.

I only want the big and littles for the weight reduction. My Budniks are over 100lbs more than my slicks and skinnes. [Eek!]

--------------------
AED

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic5pointSLOW:
too bad that car flipped. 3 runs is all i got.

What kinda car? Any details? Anyone know who it was?

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
WolfPack
¯
Member # 7177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WolfPack  Ford pictures for WolfPack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats, on that phat run on those 18's. [Cool] You going up this next saturday?

--------------------
IF you are not runnig with us, you are running from us.
Wolf Pack Racing

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
quote:
Originally posted by sic5pointSLOW:
too bad that car flipped. 3 runs is all i got.

What kinda car? Any details? Anyone know who it was?
It was a primer Vega. Went through the traps at 139 and then got way out of shape and began to roll. Ended up about 50 ft out in the field twards the return road. Right about where the EMT's sit actually. The guy was alright, althought he was stuck in the car for about 30 minutes. He mentioned something about it being his, "track debut. [Confused] [Eek!]

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by WolfPack:
Congrats, on that phat run on those 18's. [Cool] You going up this next saturday?

No, I don't think so. At least not with the car. I'm going through the tracp at near 7000 RPM's which is way out of my power range and it is killing my MPH. It may just be time to bolt on the slicks, (taller tire).

--------------------
AED

WolfPack
¯
Member # 7177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WolfPack  Ford pictures for WolfPack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well Im going this saturday, trying to go 10's. I hope to run into you at the track some day. if you do go I will have the ugly nova there. [Smile]

--------------------
IF you are not runnig with us, you are running from us.
Wolf Pack Racing

happygmore
¯
Member # 7159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for happygmore  Ford pictures for happygmore    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats on the time, that has to be some kind of record on 18in DRs/motor/tranny combo
Posts: 421 | From: west san jose | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Some pics.... [Smile] THANKS CHUCK! [worship]

-

-

-

1.487 [Big Grin]
 -

--------------------
AED

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info bro...

By the way, that is a kick as sixty foot...congrats on that. The best I ever got out of my old car (maroon mustang/gray cowl hood)...slicks and lighter than crap was a 1.46...with a consistent 1.48/1.49...seeing that done on a much heavier car on 18" radials...good shit!

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good stuff Drew! Congrats!!

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
1320MASTER
¯
Member # 773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1320MASTER  Ford pictures for 1320MASTER  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I told you that car will go 1.45,1.48s are close with a little more suspension tuning it will do it nice runs Drew.Wife took this today it was spinning the tires and still lifting the fronts.
 -

[ February 04, 2007, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: 1320MASTER ]

--------------------
EA Smog Tech/Smog Lic/ASE Master Tech
93 SSP Coupe 440ci sbf coming soon

Posts: 593 | From: Sacramento Calif | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Drew [Eek!] [worship]

Guess you didn't have any probs w/ them warning ya about going so quick [Cool]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good Shit. I need to get to the track soon.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great driving rite there!! [Wink]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is very impressive!! That makes me think that I should be having an NA motor built. I had decided on a mild low comp 347 with my small heads and intake that would pass smog. It is being built out of a Dart block so I can put some boost to it to get power.

Do you have a cage and all of the necessary safety equipment for the 10's? What tranny do you have?

Nice 60ft!!!

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
full throttle
¯
Member # 7220

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for full throttle  Ford pictures for full throttle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've seen that stang at sac raceway before, i'm impressed. that car that crash was "six sigma" rsx full race car, stock motor with individual throttle body. his rear breaks locked up, thats why it crashed
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BFG should give you some free tires for that 1.48. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by full throttle:
i've seen that stang at sac raceway before, i'm impressed. that car that crash was "six sigma" rsx full race car, stock motor with individual throttle body. his rear breaks locked up, thats why it crashed

Six sigma eh? I guess they will only be allowed 2.4 errors in the next 999,999 passes [Smile]

[ February 10, 2007, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com