Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » TNT on Dec 2nd? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: TNT on Dec 2nd?
speeddhb
¯
Member # 6593

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for speeddhb  Ford pictures for speeddhb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IS there a test and tune on December 2nd? I would like to take my stock SD 87 hatch to the track and see if I can get it in the low 13's on MT 8.5 slicks!!!

--------------------
IT's fast, I have the 17sec time slip to prove it!

3xblack GT
¯
Member # 1185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3xblack GT  Ford pictures for 3xblack GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes there is, i'll be there in my ls1, alot of my boyz wid 03n up cobra will be there.
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 3xblack GT:
yes there is, i'll be there in my ls1, alot of my boyz wid 03n up cobra will be there.

I'm trying my best but i gotta chase down this darn vibration from the rear.

I'm hoping it's just the tires needing to be balanced again [Frown]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We will be out there with some customers cars. Hopefully going to take a shot at the fastest 03 in Norcal title. [Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
We will be out there with some customers cars. Hopefully going to take a shot at the fastest 03 in Norcal title. [Big Grin] [burnout]

Best of luck to you guys!

If i can't get my car running i may just head up and vid tape everyone.

By the way Drew do you know of many 03/04's in the 10's besides your customers vert and FoxGT?

[ November 30, 2006, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:

Best of luck to you guys!

If i can't get my car running i may just head up and vid tape everyone.

By the way Drew do you know of many 03/04's in the 10's besides your customers vert and FoxGT?

FoxGT is also a customer. As far as I know he is the fastest Cobra around and looking to go a lot faster. [Wink]

The only other 2, 10 second 03/04 Cobra's that I know of are JeffS old car, (which is in our shop now getting setup to go low 9's/high 8's), and sean04 who sold his Cobra. Last I heard, the new owner missed some gears and had some P2V contact. He is in the process of building a new motor of some sort.

[ November 30, 2006, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TURBOGT  Ford pictures for TURBOGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We'll be leaving the orchard supply parking lot in foster city around 8:30am on saturday. I'm taking up my junk and a couple of buddies with an '03 cobra and a '64 nova.

--------------------
when u want some, u know where to get some... http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/index.php?topic=41851.0

Posts: 361 | From: Bay Area, Ca | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
speeddhb
¯
Member # 6593

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for speeddhb  Ford pictures for speeddhb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Trixsnk have you tried someone else's drivshaft to see if that is the problem? The stock one's are notorious shakers. I just had my buddy's 95 go through the same problem and as soon as I let him borrow my FRPP shaft it went away. Good luck!

--------------------

speeddhb
¯
Member # 6593

Oh BTW when the tires get old the inside seperates in the lining and there is no way to get around balancing, just have to get new tires. I asked a few of my buds that work at the tire dealers

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TURBOGT:
We'll be leaving the orchard supply parking lot in foster city around 8:30am on saturday. I'm taking up my junk and a couple of buddies with an '03 cobra and a '64 nova.

that's in my city. [Razz]
i wish i could cruise with you guys but i'll be busy that. let me know when you guys cruise again. the only reason why i don't go anymore is cause sac is so darn far away and cruising alone sucks!
[Frown]

--------------------
=(

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Wife & I will be out there racing (both of us). Hopefully someone will bring a trailor. [Embarrassed]
JK

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by speeddhb:
Trixsnk have you tried someone else's drivshaft to see if that is the problem? The stock one's are notorious shakers. I just had my buddy's 95 go through the same problem and as soon as I let him borrow my FRPP shaft it went away. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice as that was my next place to take a look ..........but i god the wheels re-balanced and it did turn out to be just that THANK GOD!

Must have tossed a wieght in the burnout box or maybe when i got some wheel hop on 1 of the runs.

Oh well the price you pay to go fast on the IRS [Roll Eyes]

I'm in the process of throwing on the 3.0" pulley and the quest goes on for the 10's

See you guys tomorrow!

Don't forget to say wassup when you see me.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
glad it was something small. Good luck tomorrow.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All you 03/04 cobra's better come with your "A Game" [Wink]

[Whoo Whooooo!] [dance] [Whoo Whooooo!] [dance] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FoX GT:

All you Cobra's better come with your 'A' game....
This means YOU Saf! hehehe [Razz]

Some of the fastest Cobra's on the site gonna be out there tomorrow! Yeah!

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
quote:

All you Cobra's better come with your 'A' game....
This means YOU Saf! hehehe [Razz]

Some of the fastest Cobra's on the site gonna be out there tomorrow! Yeah!

DAMN IT! And I have to work today too! This pisses me off!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Saf did you get your wheels off the ground or what?

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':

I sure did but not in frist i did it going to second!
[burnout]
[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
- AED -
2015 Mustang GT

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
quote:

[burnout]
[Whoo Whooooo!]

Seriously, who the hell spins a 28 inch slick on launch!? [Mad]

Oh well, I guess nearly 700 ft lbs will do that. [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

quote:
quote:
quote:

[burnout]
[Whoo Whooooo!]

Seriously, who the hell spins a 28 inch slick on launch!? [Mad]

Oh well, I guess nearly 700 ft lbs will do that. [Big Grin]

Can you please make it stop!! I don't like to do this -----> [burnout]

I want to to hook and lift so i can do this -----> [dance]

--------------------
- AED -
2015 Mustang GT

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How was the track prep? Alot of car's? I really wanted to get up there today but My part's did'nt show up till 3 [Embarrassed] . Did anyone break anything or set any new personal best ET or MPH?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Talk about a great day!

Great turnout very few cars....great weather....even better racing [Big Grin]

Here are the slips.....lots of stuff for me to figure out as the clutch seemed to be slipping on the last pass in the top of 4th which leads me to think that's where i lost a bunch of mph and some et. Clutch was very soft after that pass and just didn't feel like the first pass.

All runs were done with the 3.0" upper pulley and straight VP 100 in the tank.

1st pass:
19* timing just trying to get a feel for the new boost level.

-

2nd pass:
21* timing best launch ever in the car 4500rpm dump and the best 60 ft ever as well. Sucks that the clutch couldn't hold it up top i'm sure it could have gone deeper into the 10's

-

Had fun out there and nice to see everyone and congrats to all that ran well as there seemed to be a lot of fast cars out!

[patriot]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That just might be the perfect post..all the elements. Congrats on your super fast and fun day at the track. [patriot]
3xblack GT
¯
Member # 1185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3xblack GT  Ford pictures for 3xblack GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great job pat...need to take me for a ride, then let me drive it!!!nice to see a 10 sec car driven to the track
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
Talk about a great day!

Great turnout very few cars....great weather....even better racing [Big Grin]

Here are the slips.....lots of stuff for me to figure out as the clutch seemed to be slipping on the last pass in the top of 4th which leads me to think that's where i lost a bunch of mph and some et. Clutch was very soft after that pass and just didn't feel like the first pass.

All runs were done with the 3.0" upper pulley and straight VP 100 in the tank.

1st pass:
19* timing just trying to get a feel for the new boost level.

-

2nd pass:
21* timing best launch ever in the car 4500rpm dump and the best 60 ft ever as well. Sucks that the clutch couldn't hold it up top i'm sure it could have gone deeper into the 10's

-

Had fun out there and nice to see everyone and congrats to all that ran well as there seemed to be a lot of fast cars out!

[patriot]

Look's like You had a great day! Congrat's. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com