Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » New numbers are in.... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: New numbers are in....
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So.. i went to the track today.
Today was really really windy. There were 4 car crashes.
But still managed to get 5 passes.
My slowest pass was the only one on the 13.1 second range and it was a 13.12.
After that it just kept on getting Better.
I'll wait for Forced331 to come online and post my new numbers.

was anyone there? i remember seeing a lot of cameras taking pictures and wanted to see if i could find a couple here.
thanks.
Don, will you be able to go to the track this weekend?
We'd make a really good race.. [Wink] [patriot]

Props to craig for getting his car into the 11s with a messed up, spitting oil all over the place motor. [patriot]

[ November 09, 2006, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went to the drags and there was a lot of cars out there. Best run out of 2 was a 13.5 @102mph. It sucked that only got one practice run befor the bracket races and only got to race twice. Still had a good time.
Wheres the pictures?

[ November 09, 2006, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: illwill510 ]

Posts: 785 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by illwill510:
I went to the drags and there was a lot of cars out there. Best run out of 2 was a 13.5 @102mph. It sucked that only got one practice run befor the bracket races and only got to race twice. Still had a good time.
Wheres the pictures?

what car were you driving? i dunno about the pictures. i spent most of my time inside my car studying for a midterm i have tomorrow. [dance]

--------------------
=(

illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
93 two tone red gt with prostars 2000 cobra r hood. 300 post yea!

[ November 09, 2006, 03:21 AM: Message edited by: illwill510 ]

Posts: 785 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

i think i might have seen your car.. next time come say whats up.
I have a white cobra with a Dynotuning.com banner on my windshield.

--------------------
=(

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I left early about 7:30pm, so I didn't see your last E.T's.

[ November 09, 2006, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: forced331 ]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
So.. i went to the track today.
Today was really really windy. There were 4 car crashes.
But still managed to get 5 passes.
My slowest pass was the only one on the 13.1 second range and it was a 13.12.
After that it just kept on getting Better.
I'll wait for Forced331 to come online and post my new numbers.

was anyone there? i remember seeing a lot of cameras taking pictures and wanted to see if i could find a couple here.
thanks.
Don, will you be able to go to the track this weekend?
We'd make a really good race.. [Wink] [patriot]

Props to craig for getting his car into the 11s with a messed up, spitting oil all over the place motor. [patriot]

Come on Jersey why not post up the ET's [Razz]

Since you said it only got better.......i'm hoping to see a 12 sec slip now [Wink]

Were people crashing due to a cross wind [Eek!]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jersey, wasn't it a 12:80 @ 107mph? Don is going to have to do some mods to beat you now!

Anyway, I only made 3 passes but the last two were very consistent. I needed more time trials. I only got one and I red lit, so I was gunshy on the tree. Here are my two elimination runs. I got my best 60ft ever, and then backed it up with my 2nd best 60ft.

1st Elim 2nd elim
Reaction .074 .086
60ft 1.599 1.600
1/4 11.919 11.906
MPH 113.11 113.05

In the 2nd elimination, I had an 11.90 dial in, but the other guy treed me. He got a .044 light and ran a 13.64 on a 13.60. He crossed the line .0071 ahead of me. It was so close that I actually thought I was ahead of him.

If all goes well, I'll be out there next year with a new motor!

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by need-a-motor:
Jersey, wasn't it a 12:80 @ 107mph?

Congrats on the great 60ft craig.
Can't imagaine what 1.5 feels like.
How were you launching?

--------------------
=(

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

How were you launching?

Ya....nice 60ft [Cool]

What are your susp mods if any?

Jersey 12.80 huh [Whoo Whooooo!] Are you still running on you stock clutch? Sounds like the track was hookin [dance]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:
quote:

How were you launching?

Ya....nice 60ft [Cool]

Jersey 12.80 huh [Whoo Whooooo!] Are you still running on you stock clutch? Sounds like the track was hookin [dance]

yeah. same clutch.. i'm still trying to decide what clutch to go with. ijust had the cable adjusted and it seemed to grap much better.. it didn't sound like it sounded at sac either....

--------------------
=(

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How were you launching?

Ya....nice 60ft [Cool]

yeah. same clutch.. i'm still trying to decide what clutch to go with. ijust had the cable adjusted and it seemed to grap much better.. it didn't sound like it sounded at sac either....
Good to hear.....so to keep the thread on track what does your buddy run in his car (05GT right?)

Sorry don't want to go back and read through the entire thread......

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

You'll spend more time looking back at this thread for the answer than you would spend reading THE FIRST POST in the other thread.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

think he got a 13.3 @ 104mph.
His best mph of the night was 105..
That's still higher than mine.. so i dunno.
Should be a close race.
He might need one more mod before he takes me.. or those 1800 dollar rims [Razz]

--------------------
=(

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Okay, Jersey. I think that Don has squirmed enough. You better let him know what you really ran before he starts ordering a bunch of stuff for his car. I think that your mph is as high as Don's now. The air was cold, but the strong headwind or something was slowing the cars down. The guys that run every week were up to 2mph under their speed from last week. I think that you will hit 105mph or 106mph if you go out on the weekend.

TRIXSNK, I have Megabite Jr rear control arms and Jegs solid uppers. I am also running on ET Street bias ply's. The shocks are stock and the springs are Eibach progressives. I think that people were crashing because the track was so cold that it was slick at the far end of the track. They stopped letting the bikes and the faster cars run.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:

You'll spend more time looking back at this thread for the answer than you would spend reading THE FIRST POST in the other thread.
Ooops [Embarrassed] my bad thought i was in that 06GT thread lol.

Craig - Thanks for the info....i know how it goes out there when it get's really windy but good times none the less.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Okay, Jersey. I think that Don has squirmed enough. ... I think that you will hit 105mph or 106mph if you go out on the weekend.

That wasn't long enough Craig.. [Razz]
haha.
Times are in my sig.
Started the night off with a 13.12 and then continued on with 4 or 5 13.0 second passes... [Mad]
So close.. so close..one of my runs actually was really clean until i slid out of my seat when hitting second and could not quite reach 3rd!!! [Mad]
oh well.. hopefully i'll FINALLY get a 12 sec slip this sat.

--------------------
=(

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
quote:
Okay, Jersey. I think that Don has squirmed enough. ... I think that you will hit 105mph or 106mph if you go out on the weekend.

That wasn't long enough Craig.. [Razz]
haha.
Times are in my sig.
Started the night off with a 13.12 and then continued on with 4 or 5 13.0 second passes... [Mad]
So close.. so close..one of my runs actually was really clean until i slid out of my seat when hitting second and could not quite reach 3rd!!! [Mad]
oh well.. hopefully i'll FINALLY get a 12 sec slip this sat.

BOOOOOOOOO!

[Razz]

j/k

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Hey Jersey,

Tony said that he was 2-3mph slower than two weeks ago. I think that is when Don ran his 105mph. I think that there is 106mph in that car now.

Good Luck on your quest for 12's.

I can't wait until I get my motor. My first quest will be for 12.50 @ 110mph NA. Then I may have to go for a 10.99 @ 125mph with 10psi, if my fuel system will support it. If I have to upgrade the fuel system, I will be running NA for a while.

Craig

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Craig 30lb injectors will not support your setup with the blower, don't take that chance on the new motor. You can buy new 42lb's on ebay for $260.

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Hey Jersey,

Tony said that he was 2-3mph slower than two weeks ago. I think that is when Don ran his 105mph. I think that there is 106mph in that car now.

Good Luck on your quest for 12's.

I can't wait until I get my motor. My first quest will be for 12.50 @ 110mph NA. Then I may have to go for a 10.99 @ 125mph with 10psi, if my fuel system will support it. If I have to upgrade the fuel system, I will be running NA for a while.

Craig

Yeah.. i was really disappointed that the car was not trapping ATLEAST 105. that's what cobras with my mods seem to average - 105-107mph depending on traction...

Oh well.. what were you launching at Craig? how were you launching?
What springs do u have upfront?

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Jersey, you're knocking on the door! It's supposed to rain tomorrow, but if not I am sure you'll get your 12 second pass [patriot]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Congrats Jersey, you're knocking on the door! It's supposed to rain tomorrow, but if not I am sure you'll get your 12 second pass [patriot]

Thanks Don.. seems tomorrow will be canceled.. [Frown]

--------------------
=(

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Jersey, Eibach progressive springs and dropping the clutch at somewhere around 3500 rpm. It may have been a little higher.

Tony, the 30lbers with FMU should support quite a bit of power. The FMU kicks the fuel pressure up to around 80psi. I know I won't get a flat AFR curve, but I should be able to dial it in to keep it under 12:1. If not, I will buy the injectors, recal the mass air, and have my chips reprogrammed. All of this will end up costing about $500. It will have to wait a while. I need tires too! At least my cousin has the Innovate wideband setup so I don't need a dyno to check the AFR. However, once I have the AFR where I think it is good, I will put it on a dyno and run a baseline just to double-check it.

Craig

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

My front wheels will be here tomorrow [Big Grin]

Yay, now I have front wheels and rear tires, LMFAO

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com