Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Test&Tune on friday October the 6th.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Test&Tune on friday October the 6th.
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hoping to get some cool wheather to run in so I am planning on going to the evening sesion "gates open at 4". Anyone else going to be there?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look's like it is going to be a cold night. Who else is going?

--------------------

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I missed last weeks so maybe this one I might make it to?

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Watch out guys.....last weks TNT sucked major ballz [Mad]

Lots of people breaking, little to no organization, lots of cars, and no one handing out slips.

Just a table full of slips for you to dig through [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Waste of my $50 to sit and wait to run while the cluster f@#k cleared out.

Grudge was the night to be there [worship]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:

Lots of people breaking, little to no organization, lots of cars, and no one handing out slips.

Just a table full of slips for you to dig through [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

TNT always has the table of tickets, just how it is. And as for breaking and lots of people. It is always hit or miss. If it doesn't ran yet looks like it might all day, those are usually good nights to go. The rain clouds scars away a bit of the people.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
quote:

TNT always has the table of tickets, just how it is. And as for breaking and lots of people. It is always hit or miss. If it doesn't ran yet looks like it might all day, those are usually good nights to go. The rain clouds scars away a bit of the people.
Don't ever remember the table of slips being so scattered like that but maybe it's been a while since i've been out for a TNT [Roll Eyes]

Either way i don't think for $50 it should be so disorganized when the following night for $15 cheaper things run much, much smoother.

Not like the TNT's of years back that's for sure...it was always the ticket to get many runs in while allowing for cool down and adjustments [Frown]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't ever remember the table of slips being so scattered like that but maybe it's been a while since i've been out for a TNT [Roll Eyes]

Either way i don't think for $50 it should be so disorganized when the following night for $15 cheaper things run much, much smoother.

Not like the TNT's of years back that's for sure...it was always the ticket to get many runs in while allowing for cool down and adjustments [Frown]

damn. i was really hoping to go.. but now i don't know.
So, if they don't give you your ticket.. where do you look for them?
Thanks. is it 50 bucks? how's the tire prep?
I might head out there right after school.. is it safe to change tires there and just leave them on the side with a jack and stuff? thanks.
I haven't been to sac since.. 2002. so i don't know what's going on.
Could someone please post the address so i could mapquest it?

--------------------
=(

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I might head out there right after school.. is it safe to change tires there and just leave them on the side with a jack and stuff? thanks.

The track prep is usually pretty good. I don't know how it will be since it rained last night. As for the time slips they are in the little room in the bottom of the tower. Just look for number on the top of the slip and take one copy and leave the other for the guy you raced. I have never had a problem with leaving tires or jacks and stuff. I usually leave my cooler with ice and nobody messes with it. I would imagine it would be just fine. I have seen guys bring a chain and run it through the wheels to lock them up, but nothing more then that.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't ever remember the table of slips being so scattered like that but maybe it's been a while since i've been out for a TNT

Jersey

Why not wait until the next night .....i think they have another Grudge this weekend [Whoo Whooooo!]

It's cheaper and track prep last week was GOOD!

Shouldn't have a prob with leaving your stuff just keep an eye on it.

....And maybe i was a bit harsh about TNT... at least on the pass that i really needed info on they were kind enough to hand write the info on a piece of paper for me (my apologies to the Sac crew) [Smile]

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

They are going to have Grudge on Saturday too.

http://sacramentoraceway.com/

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't ever remember the table of slips being so scattered like that but maybe it's been a while since i've been out for a TNT

Jersey

Why not wait until the next night .....i think they have another Grudge this weekend [Whoo Whooooo!]

It's cheaper and track prep last week was GOOD!

Shouldn't have a prob with leaving your stuff just keep an eye on it.

....And maybe i was a bit harsh about TNT... at least on the pass that i really needed info on they were kind enough to hand write the info on a piece of paper for me (my apologies to the Sac crew) [Smile]

ha.. ok. i'll wait until saturday then.
Since i'm too lazy to read the link.
How much/? what time? how many passes do people usually get?

I get a minimun of 3 at infineon. so really don't wanna drive 2 hours for 3 passes...
Thanks.

--------------------
=(

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

$35

Gates open at 4pm racing at 6pm - 10pm

I usually get anywhere from 4-10 runs depending on the number of cars out and breakage.

Join the boat in the 2 hr drive to go racing.....i love being able to tell people that we drive 2 hrs there....beat on the car ....and then 2 hrs back home [Razz]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
$35

I usually get anywhere from 4-10 runs depending on the number of cars out and breakage.

Join the boat in the 2 hr drive to go racing.....i love being able to tell people that we drive 2 hrs there....beat on the car ....and then 2 hrs back home [Razz]

This sat? i'll be there [patriot]
is there a ufc fight this sat? no, huh?

--------------------
=(

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
quote:
$35

Come on Jersey UFC or DRAG RACING [Roll Eyes] .................. [burnout]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
$35

UFC is on the 14th!

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by KING Jeff S:
quote:
quote:
$35

UFC is on the 14th!
Since when has it been King?????

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
$35

UFC is on the 14th!
You must not read the street racing section much. [Razz]

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
quote:
quote:
$35

UFC is on the 14th!
thank you your majesty.
[Razz]

--------------------
=(

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
$35

UFC is on the 14th!
No not at all. What thread was it that changed you?

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
$35

UFC is on the 14th!
Everytime i take a peek i would always see KingTom.

I guess someone was de-throwned(sp?) [Razz]

edit: Just read threw some street racing threads....guess there are a lot of "KINGS" out there [Smile]

[ October 06, 2006, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Just wanted to say it was a great night out at sac. No breakage and no delay's, and the wheather was great and it was'nt crowded at all. Met a couple of member's and it was good seeing You out there Vinny. I will be back out there soon!!

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Smokin how did you do? Do you have the meth kit installed yet? Also, where is your friend Smokeyburnout Adam?

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Hey Smokin how did you do? Do you have the meth kit installed yet? Also, where is your friend Smokeyburnout Adam?

No I rolled up solo through almost 3 hour's of traffic [Mad] . But like I said it was worth it because the track was hooking good, no one broke, and there were just enough people out there to keep the action flowing. I don't have the methanol in action yet it's on the car but I just need a chance to try to dial it in or find someone who know's how to tune a snow's kit. The car was running good and consistant 11.2-11.3's at 120-121 mph with My best 60 ft being a 1.61 on My ET street's. My best ET was an 11.205. I am going to be out with Bill from the site here soon and We will have the methanol hooked up and play with the timing and fuel pressure a little.

[ October 08, 2006, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: SmokinLX ]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com