Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Going to the track. need some advice

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Going to the track. need some advice
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be taking my 95 GT to the track on saturday. only mods are bassani X pipe and mac cat back, K&N drop in filter, underdrive pulleys, 3.73 gears and nitto drag radials. This is my second time going to the track (first with this car though) and first time launching on drag radials. what RPM should i launch at? and how long do i need to heat up the DRs for them to stick? any other advice you guys could give would be appreciated! [burnout]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh yea, and what times do you guys think i'll run? i'm thinking mid to low 14s [Frown]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would also say mid to low 14's given that the car is running correctly of course. [Wink]

The trick to the DR's is you can't "shock" the tires like you would a bias ply, large side wall slick. For you, I would first do a pretty decent sized burnout and try leave the line around 2500-3000 rpms. Remember to just easy off the clutch and onto the throttle simotaniously.

Getting the hang of DR's is most likely something you wont learn you first time out, or even the second or third for that matter...lol But stick with it and you'll get your 60ft times down more and more. [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your 60 ft time is what will make or break You at the track. If Your drag radial's are new and the track prep is good You should be in the low 14's. Your MPH will show the potential of Your car. Just try to stay calm and pay attention to what RPM You are launching at. Also tire pressure will be something You want to play around with and I would start at around 22 pound's and drop 2 pound's each time till You hook and with the nitto's You should'nt need to go below 16 pound's. I will see You there I am going to be in My white 1992 lx notch with weld's on the back and pony's on the front.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Thanks guys. see you there smokinLX [patriot]

my car will be wearin cobra Rs in the front and 99 GT rims in the back btw [Wink]

[ August 24, 2006, 03:31 AM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com