Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 28X10.5/15 et drags on a fox

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 28X10.5/15 et drags on a fox
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whos got them on a fox
what size wheel and backspacing
how do they clear the fenders, obviously the lips are rolled
if they rub where and how bad
could u drive with these on the street, obviosuly they are full slicks, but i mean is the actual size of the tire, would it rub to bad to be street driven

[ December 07, 2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: 66 AC COBRA of CA PERFORMANCE ]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they rub all over the inner fenders, both sides. You need to basically push it in about 2" from all the maximum interference points, and spring sag may vary of course.

it's no quick job, but do-able, probably the last tire size before mini-tub is required.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
27X10.5/15 it is then [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont have any pictures of the car on slicks only a video...

www.southbaystangs.com/files/freddy1.mpg

28x10.5x15 slicks
weld 15x9 draglites
5.5 backspacing
the fenders were roled
stock rear springs

i did drive the car on the streets with those slicks and rubbing was not that bad... [patriot]

Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA of CA PERFORMANCE:
whos got them on a fox
could u drive with these on the street, obviosuly they are full slicks, but i mean is the actual size of the tire, would it rub to bad to be street driven

some guys install 15x10 with a 6.50 back space but you have to bang the shit out of the inner fender wells. I suggest a 15x9 with a 5.50 back setting a plan on modifying the fender lip and maybe a little massaging the inner wells. Are you using a lowered spring or a factory spring?

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

quote:
Originally posted by MR GO FAST:
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA of CA PERFORMANCE:
whos got them on a fox

some guys install 15x10 with a 6.50 back space but you have to bang the shit out of the inner fender wells. I suggest a 15x9 with a 5.50 back setting a plan on modifying the fender lip and maybe a little massaging the inner wells. Are you using a lowered spring or a factory spring?
coil overs, but i am planning on going about 1/2" lower than stock to get the proper IC vs CG
my fenders are rolled as much as possible, the lip that stuck out is know flat against the body
and i have a 10 pound sledge ready to go at the inner fender well, i have done it before to fit 305's on a fox so i can do it again

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good we can practice on your car so we can get it right on my car..... [Big Grin]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com