Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sac Raceway (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sac Raceway
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did anyone get the camaro hitting the wall on tape???
Albert

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did something break on it causing it to hit the wall or was it that fast?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

MoostangGT
¯
Member # 2894

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoostangGT  Ford pictures for MoostangGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I might have it.. I will have to check the tape later and digitize it if soo..

--------------------
Sabrina aka The chick in the cow print pants.

Posts: 106 | From: Redding, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
4.6GT
¯
Member # 2643

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4.6GT  Ford pictures for 4.6GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

--------------------
CAR 2002 mustang GT 5spd
254rwhp/305 ft lb torque N/A

Best E.T
1.93 60ft 13.1 @105

MoostangGT
¯
Member # 2894

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoostangGT  Ford pictures for MoostangGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well I checked the tape, we got the part where he was out of control, but the contact with the wall was right after the camera lost sight of him.. I can post the out of control part if ya want..

--------------------

90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey moostang! Just say it was fun racing you! I was the greyish vert behind you...we raced twice...i got you once and you got me the other time [Smile]

Mike

Posts: 1199 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
MoostangGT
¯
Member # 2894

here is the guy that hit the wall.. the video cuts off the instant before he hit the wall.

Right Click, Save As

--------------------

highofftiresmoke
¯
Member # 2159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for highofftiresmoke  Ford pictures for highofftiresmoke    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the track conditions didn't seem that good to me, cars that r supposed to run 13's stock were hittin 14's and even 15's...(ws6's, gt's and ss maros)

last time i went i hit a 13.9 on bald ass tires

this time i added some bfg radials, a 70mm t body and bumped my timing and hit the same damn time ??? i was pissed

--------------------
90 red lx - sold
90 white lx -sold
90 red gt - in progess and then for sale ...

Posts: 482 | From: san jose,ca | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the extra hot pavement was hurting traction as well. I don't know if more VHT would have helped in that heat.
highofftiresmoke
¯
Member # 2159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for highofftiresmoke  Ford pictures for highofftiresmoke    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
after reviewing my time slips, i figured out why i couldnt break a 13.9. on all 4 passes my trap speed was 98 mph. no matter how i launched same speed.
my 60 ft times were .4 better then the last time i went, i just simply run outta gear in 4th. damn 4:10s and the motor wont make power after 5,500.so i was in 4th for atleast 1/2 a second b 4 i hit the traps after my 5,300 shift light came on.

--------------------
90 red lx - sold
90 white lx -sold

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
4.10s are PERFECT if not 4.30s for your car as it sits. 3.73s would slow your ass down.

shady's $0.02

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
98 MPH is plenty for a 13.9 on a stock motored 5.O:

-

The gears aren't your problem, its your 60 ft (and probably 1-2 shift).

kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kwikrob  Ford pictures for kwikrob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're right. The track wasn't prepped for your high 13 second car to hook. How did Norman manage? Hell mine wasn't all that shabby either. 10.95 @ 118 getting out of it at the end.

--------------------
Slowest car on this board!

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry, but the track prep did suck. Out of 4 runs that I got there wasn't one that I could stay on the throttle. The left lane was definitely the worse of the two but the right lane wasn't all that great either. Mine has never been so out of control as it was that day at Sac. Norm got traction due to his steam roller size tires and the fact that he had actually detuned the motor somewhat.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
MoostangGT
¯
Member # 2894

quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
Sorry, but the track prep did suck. Out of 4 runs that I got there wasn't one that I could stay on the throttle. The left lane was definitely the worse of the two but the right lane wasn't all that great either. Mine has never been so out of control as it was that day at Sac. Norm got traction due to his steam roller size tires and the fact that he had actually detuned the motor somewhat.

OK, I am glad I am not the only one that thinks that left lane sucked, I only got to run in the right once but the run itself felt a lot better
than ALL of the left runs combined.

--------------------

kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kwikrob  Ford pictures for kwikrob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I apologize, I only ran the right lane. July 5th grudge after psca ought to be great for traction!

--------------------
Slowest car on this board!

turbo302
¯
Member # 2786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo302  Ford pictures for turbo302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with John91coupe, the track absolutely sucked!! I do agree it was a hot day, but I've been up there on hot days like that (when the track was prep'd) and the track hooked really good. I actually got a chance to see what it felt like to be John Force in my car (spinning the tires all the way down the track). After doing that twice (and almost hitting the wall once) I called it a day. I'm pretty sure John91coupe had a good impersonation of Force also. [Confused] I guess you can't have a good outing every time.
turbo302
Big Boy Racing Fabrication

--------------------
turbo302
10.20/133
Big Boy Racing Fabrication
www.bigboyracing.com

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
turbo302...u going to sac for psca?

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
highofftiresmoke
¯
Member # 2159

i still think my car is running out of gear or just simply doesnt have enough top end.

my best 60 ft was a 1.8
my worse was a 2.1

on all 4 runs with good shifting everytime.. my trap speed was 98 mph everysingle time no matter how good or bad i launched or how i shifted.

--------------------
90 red lx - sold
90 white lx -sold

highofftiresmoke
¯
Member # 2159

see if u can figure this one out
first time at track.. modifications:
basani off raod x pipe
2 chamber flows
bfg drag radials
( 2:73 gears )
2.1 60 ft
14.1 @ 97.1

2nd time to the track.. modifications
bassani off road x pipe
2 chamber flows
bbk equal lenght shorties
4:10 gears
bfg radials
70mm t body
b&m short throw
removed the sway bar
under drive pullies
1.8 60 ft
13.9 @ 98.6 mph

--------------------
90 red lx - sold
90 white lx -sold

Fast472Mach1
¯
Member # 2559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast472Mach1  Ford pictures for Fast472Mach1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Too much gear??? [Confused]

--------------------
11.7@116 1.7 60ft. N/A
11.4@124 1.9 60ft. 100NX

Posts: 639 | From: Laguna West | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
highofftiresmoke
¯
Member # 2159

thats what i think

--------------------
90 red lx - sold
90 white lx -sold

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
highofftiresmoke,

What was the temp humidity and BP of the 1st trip and what was it the second? Weather plays a MAJOR role in how a car runs.

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
highofftiresmoke
¯
Member # 2159

my first past (13.92) was when it was hot
my 4th pass (13.96) was at the end of the night after i iced the car down.

--------------------
90 red lx - sold
90 white lx -sold

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by highofftiresmoke:
my first past (13.92) was when it was hot
my 4th pass (13.96) was at the end of the night after i iced the car down.

i think he was referring to the 2 different trips to the track.what was the weather like the first time out vs. the last time out.
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com