Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Fun Ford day results

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fun Ford day results
My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, I posted my new best time: 12.2@114 The car was nice and cold, hence the high MPH. Then I RED lite in the first round [Mad] [Mad] I can't believe it I was fume'n [Mad]

Since the day was shot from there. I put in the "DREW" mod to see what my car is capable of doing. He goes out and runs: 11.94@109 [worship] [worship]

All of my runs were 12.2 or 12.3 not too bad for a pretty much stock GT with a supercharger bolted on. [Big Grin]

All in all a great day for all of us FORD Lovers. Oh yeah, i was running on ET Streets and Skinnies what a BLAST [patriot]

I'm putting those 3.73s in real soon. As soon as JohnB gets back. [Whoo Whooooo!]
Post your results

See ya'll at the track soon. Elwin

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2004 Harley Heritage Softail Classic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

Posts: 321 | From: Summerville, SC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I cant remeber if that was the first thing I told you our the second!!!LOL [burnout]

[ May 04, 2003, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: IKE ]

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by My01Stang:
Well, I posted my new best time: 12.2@114 The car was nice and cold, hence the high MPH. Then I RED lite in the first round [Mad] [Mad] I can't believe it I was fume'n [Mad]

Since the day was shot from there. I put in the "DREW" mod to see what my car is capable of doing. He goes out and runs: 11.94@109 [worship]

All of my runs were 12.2 or 12.3 not too bad for a pretty much stock GT with a supercharger bolted on. [Big Grin]

All in all a great day for all of us FORD Lovers. Oh yeah, i was running on ET Streets and Skinnies what a BLAST [patriot]

I'm putting those 3.73s in real soon. As soon as JohnB gets back. [Whoo Whooooo!]
Post your results

See ya'll at the track soon. Elwin

Wish I wouldn't have let off and hit the brakes on that pass! Damn bracket racing got the best of me! [Razz]

[ May 04, 2003, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My results show that it's official, my car is a slow P.O.S
I am going to install the longtubes and have an offroad X-pipe made for it. If that doesn't help the MPH pick up, I am going to part it out [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

To some up my 3 passes down the track.............
FUCK FUCK FUCK

Anyone want to buy a nice looking but slow as fuck 'vert?

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nothing new to report here, I didn't run a new best.

But, while sitting three cars back in the staging lane, a car doing its burnout threw a rock that landed on my windshield, causing an 8" crack. [Mad]

Anyone know where I can get a cheap but good repair?

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chiara:
Nothing new to report here, I didn't run a new best.

But, while sitting three cars back in the staging lane, a car doing its burnout threw a rock that landed on my windshield, causing an 8" crack. [Mad]

Anyone know where I can get a cheap but good repair?

man that sucks, where is the crack, it will be cheaper if it is not close to a side

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TheBrain:
My results show that it's official, my car is a slow P.O.S
I am going to install the longtubes and have an offroad X-pipe made for it. If that doesn't help the MPH pick up, I am going to part it out [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

To some up my 3 passes down the track.............
FUCK FUCK FUCK

Anyone want to buy a nice looking but slow as fuck 'vert?

What do you consider slow though?
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a few too many to drink the night before, woke up at 8 in a downpour in Fremont, and went back to bed, lol.

I call the track at 10 am and they said 'everything was clear', yet on the weather channel it showed the satellite precipitation stuff all over the place in the Delta/Sac area. So I decided a 4 hour drive wasn't worth it in the rain, lol.

Hope those of you that went had fun.

oh well, maybe this weekend [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MINGRYGT  Ford pictures for MINGRYGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I SHOULD HAVE FILLED MY BOTTLE AND GOT SOME SLICKS..I WAS STUCK AT 12.9 @112.. ALL DAY, NEXT TIME I'LL GET SOME SLICKS AND A FULL BITTLE AND TAKE OUT ALL MY SPARE CAR PARTS FROM MY TRUNK THAT HAD TO BE ATLEAST 50 POUNDS.. NEXT TIME I'LL HIT ATLEAST A 12.5.

--------------------
R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY 5-17-03

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats!!!!

I am with ShadeTree on this though, I spent my day fishing a bass tournament in the Delta in the pouring rain. I would have though Sac would have been messed up too. [Frown]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
[/qb]

man that sucks, where is the crack, it will be cheaper if it is not close to a side[/QB][/QUOTE]

The impact was right at the top of the windshield, just below the weather-stripping. The crack goes straight down about 3 inches, then heads about stright to the left of the car about 5 inches. I'm sure the crack probably does make it to the side of the glass.

--------------------
Michael
'02 GT ~ sold for a Big, Slow Dodge Ram
'03 SV650S
'04 R1100S ~ The daily driver

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:

12.5 @ 107 w/1.68 60ft on the motor
I guess I shouldn't be that upset, I am still running my catted x-pipe and the car is up to 3660lbs with me in it. Front sway bay is still installed and the suspension is still stock

I am going to make a couple changes (Hooker Longtubes and 3" off-road x-pipe) this week and see if it helps

Brian

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TheBrain:
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:

12.5 @ 107 w/1.68 60ft on the motor
I guess I shouldn't be that upset, I am still running my catted x-pipe and the car is up to 3660lbs with me in it. Front sway bay is still installed and the suspension is still stock

I am going to make a couple changes (Hooker Longtubes and 3" off-road x-pipe) this week and see if it helps

Brian

Ditch the intake man. An RPM is a much better fit. At the very least ditch the intake spacers. It's costing you upper RPM power.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Sorry Shaun, The intake stays !!!!!!
I had over 20 compliments at the track Sunday for my intake [Razz]
Sawson has been trying to get me to dump that intake for over 1 1/2 years

Check out my thread in the tech section, I think I found my problem.

Brian

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, I have given up on the intake. The GT40 intake can work if the rest of the combo is built around it.

[ May 06, 2003, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

98_No_Bra
¯
Member # 2351

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for 98_No_Bra  Ford pictures for 98_No_Bra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am as much to blame as the other but where in the hell was our support of CA Fords out at the Sac Raceway?? I saw some SCcrew stickers but not a single CA FORDS?? We need shirts or something. I was expecting to see alot of you guys. Instead some dickheads with orange shirts told us it was a "Dry Racetrack" and made me pour out my beer.
I only brought two and was there all day. Just curious.

My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you missed my car. I'm sporting a CAFORDS sticker on my back window.

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

98_No_Bra
¯
Member # 2351

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 98_No_Bra  Ford pictures for 98_No_Bra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was parked next to the Black 98 Cobra Saleen wannabe.
I drove my White 98 Cobra.

RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RO2USH  Ford pictures for RO2USH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just in case you were wondering the "dick heads" in the orange shirts were the ones that put this little shindig together, so thank them for that. On a side note, we are a dry track, and be thankful that one of the security guys didn't get ahold of you, it might have been more. However, we do allow alcohol on big events on the North side of the track (Left) but those stands are closed for construction right now.

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

Posts: 286 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
98_No_Bra
¯
Member # 2351

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 98_No_Bra  Ford pictures for 98_No_Bra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For the record, we complied and were not aware of the dry county rule. We were polite and just threw the beers away. The reason I say "dickhead" is because even after that they followed us around and smirked that we were trouble makers.WE all are way over twenty-one We werent running our vehicles and werent drunk or acting like idiots. WE WERE NOT LOOKING FOR FIGHTS. If they want to be on a power play then consider my ass staying home next year. They got plenty of money from me and all my other "Ford" friends. I just did'nt like being catogorized because we brought a six pack and did'nt know it was'nt ok. Nuff said.
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice numbers Elwin! It'll be in the 11.50's with the gears. I'll hook you up on the install when I get back. I'm gonna take you up on the garage invite, the Cobra is getting cashed out, so I'll have the $$$ for the fixing.

Weather is great here!! I'm off to teach.. [Whoo Whooooo!]

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Nice numbers Elwin! It'll be in the 11.50's with the gears. I'll hook you up on the install when I get back. I'm gonna take you up on the garage invite, the Cobra is getting cashed out, so I'll have the $$$ for the fixing.

Weather is great here!! I'm off to teach.. [Whoo Whooooo!]

If you don't want it totaled, then I can help. If you want the green, then what's next?

[ May 07, 2003, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's not getting totalled out, thank goodness. I'm fixin' it!! It should take about a week, not including paint.
The Insurance Co. is cutting me a check based on the estimate (no lien on the car, so it's coming directly to me). Thank you USAA!!
Damages are in the neighborhood of $4k. But it appraised at wayyyyy over that, so it's all good.

If it had been totalled...I was already thinking Factory Five roadster...or a late model Ranger to transplant everything into. [Big Grin]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My quote was also 4k, and the appraisal value a lot higher than I expected so it will be fixed by next week as well. Hope your paint works out batter this time ( my hatch will get painted.)
My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

No problem on the garage thing. It's there if you need it. We will hook up after you get back. See you then.

The Mustang ran very well this past weekend. I'm happy about how things went. [Big Grin]

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com